We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add an Oracle Datasource

Good day

I hope someone can assist. I am currently trying out the dashboard platform, so I have used the SQL CE database to configure the UMS and Dashboard server. My problem is I want to connect to a Oracle XE database I use. I have looked at the blog posts, etc and it says to add a ODBC System DSN, which I have done. It also says to click on the + button at the top of the screen, then Create -> DataSources. I don't have that option. I am running with the Community license, so I'm not sure if that is the problem, or because I configured SQL CE for the server databases. I did see the Oracle option when configuring on first run. If I choose that, will I be able to add datasources?

9 Replies

VS Venkataprasad Subramani Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Jason Plank, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we do not provide support for connecting to the Oracle database in the Dashboard server product. The support for creating the data source from the dashboard server application and Connecting to Oracle server database will be available in our next release of the Dashboard server (Installer) product.  

Note: However the features are currently available in the dashboard cloud product and you can check further details from the following documentation: 

Regards, 
Venkataprasad S. 

JP Jason Plank February 25, 2019 12:29 PM UTC

Thank you for this update. Do you have any timeframe for the next release to be out?

VS Venkataprasad Subramani Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Jason Plank, 

We are currently preparing the road map for the Dashboard platform 4.1 version release and we will update you the release timeline on or before March 4th 2019.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns over this. 

Regards, 
Venkataprasad S. 

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team March 5, 2019 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Jason Plank, 

Thanks for your patience.  

The Dashboard platform 4.1 version is expected to be released on the end of April 2019.  

Regards, 
Renuka N

JP Jason Plank March 7, 2019 09:40 AM UTC

Thank you very much for the update. I look forward to it.

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team March 7, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Jason Plank, 

Thanks for the update. 

We will let you know once our Dashboard platform 4.1 version rolled out on the end of April 2019. 

Regards, 
Sabapathy K. 

SK Sabapathy K  Syncfusion Team April 30, 2019 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Jason Plank, 

Sorry for the delay. 

We have included some more commonly preferred features and connections like MySQL on our existing v4.1 plan. So this caused some delay at our end and we have rescheduled the release of Dashboard Platform v4.1 to first week of June 2019. 

Appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Sabapathy  

JP Jason Plank June 20, 2019 09:02 AM UTC

Hi there

The first week of June 2019 has come and gone. Is there any update on when we can expect the Dashboard platform 4.1 version?

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 20, 2019 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your interest. 

We have included “Create Datasource” option in our Dashboard Server, but unfortunately we couldn’t add Oracle connection support in the upcoming release due to some license problem. Dashboard Platform v4.1 is expected to roll out by end of this month(June). 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon