We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cannot inherit Office365 style for ribbon

Hello!
I am trying to use MergedDictionaries for my Ribbon control and I am using Office365 skin:

<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
   <ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Tools.WPF;component/Framework/Ribbon/Themes/Office365Style.xaml"/>
</ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

But it does not find any dictionary for this specific theme. Others like Metro or Blend work.

3 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 21, 2019 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Aleksander, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

From your update, we have noted that you are trying to update the Office365 style using merged dictionaries by providing path. But, our Office365 style has been available in “Synfusion.Themes.Office365.WPF” assembly and it is not available under Tool.WPF, so you are facing issue while applying style. Now, we have prepared a simple sample in which we have added “Syncfusion.SfSkinManager.WPF” and “Syncfusion.Themes.Office365.WPF” references and override Office365 style using merged dictionaries and it can be downloaded from following location. 

Code snippet: 

<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries> 
   <ResourceDictionary Source="/Syncfusion.Themes.Office365.WPF;component/Tools/Ribbon/Ribbon.xaml"/> 
ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries> 

Please check with the sample and let us know whether your requirement has been achieved. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

AZ Aleksander Zotov February 21, 2019 01:23 PM UTC

Yes, it worked. Thank you very much.
I have another small issue. I could not find a documentation about it. For Office2103 I could use BasedOn="{StaticResource Office2013RibbonWindowStyle}".
Where I can find which keys I can use from Office365 styles?

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team February 22, 2019 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Aleksander, 

Thank you for the update. 

Currently in our SfSkinManager documentation, it includes the details for SfSkinManager resource dictionary path and how to override the themes in WPF Application and we didn't include the details about the Key name to override. We consider your request about adding the key name in documentation. We will plan and proceed further on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon