We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDF library is too large. it doubled its size!

Hi,

I have made a simple packing check on Android to see which library takes bigger size in my project and i can see that pdf takes almost 8 mb. this is way tooo large

it used to be around 4 mb in the past. I am regularly checking and i update syncfusion libraries as you publish. version below from June 2018

may 2018

5 Replies

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team January 29, 2019 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 
We have tried to create a simple Xamarin sample with latest PDF NuGet from link given below and packaged the sample application as APK. On packaging  we could not find any file named “libaot-Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable.dll.so”. 

We have attached the sample for the reference. 

Could you please let us know on how did you packaged the application which produce this issue, so that we can try the same. 

Regards, 
Karthikeyan 

AR Anthony Ramirez May 31, 2021 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Emil & Syncfusion,

The way I understand it.

The .so files are the AOT (Ahead of time) compilation files.

Emil, one way to get around this would be to create a custom startup profile which would not contain the Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable.dll (do not open a PDF while running the startup trace)

That is what I did... some info can be found here: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/xamarin/faster-android-startup-times-with-startup-tracing/

EM Emil May 31, 2021 07:33 PM UTC

Hi Anthony,

That was back in 2019 when Xamarin team hadnt introduced Startup AOT yet. I am also using the Startup AOT only now. I havent checked long time the sizes of the dll. If i need to do it, i can update this post but still pdf library is way to large i feel unless it uses Skiasharp.

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team June 1, 2021 02:29 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Currently, we are checking this with latest library on our end and we will update the further details by June 3rd 2021. 

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team June 3, 2021 05:05 PM UTC

Hi Emil,  

Thank you for your patience. 

We have tried to create a simple Xamarin sample with latest PDF volume SP1 release NuGet version from link given below. The file size of the “Syncfusion.Pdf.Protable.dll” is 4.5MB, it contains more set of features and bugs included for every release, so that it takes this amount of file size.  

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this. 

Regards,  
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon