We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Need to set grouped rows as pageSize

Hi there,

you already show me how to do this in Essential JS2. But now I need this vor Essential JS1 too.

If I have grouped rows in my grid, how can I decide how much grouped rows are shown each page.
Because pageSize from "pageSettings: { pageSize: 15, pageCount: 30 }" only counts the rows per group.
With "pageSize: 15" I want to display 15 groups.

Edit: And how can I undo it, if I undo my grouping. So that in my ungrouped my pageSize hears to rows again.

Thank you
John

3 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 28, 2019 09:16 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

Query: “With "pageSize: 15" I want to display 15 groups.” 

From your query, we understand that you want to display the grouped values based on the page size count. But as per the current architecture of EJ1 Grid it is not possible to achieve your requirement. We have processed the data based on the current page size (12 by default) records from dataSource not based on  grouped record count. So it is not possible to define the grouped row count with the page size count in EJ1 Grid.     

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

JC John Chellah January 28, 2019 01:08 PM UTC

Ok, thank you for the information.

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 29, 2019 04:38 AM UTC

Hi John, 

You are welcome. 

Please get back to us if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon