We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dashboard Designer Data sources

Good day

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.  I've been tasked to test out the Dashboard Server and Designer for my company.  I've tried to work through the documentation, but in many instances I'm not seeing the same functionality and UIs as referenced in the documentation.  The main issue I have at present is figuring out a way to connect to SQL and MySQL data sources respectively.  

I'm running the latest Dashboard trial on my work laptop.

In the designer datasource view I only see:
  • Amazon Redshift
  • MS SQL
  • PostgreSQL
How can I add MySQL to the available data sources? I already have a ODBC DSN set upon my localhost machine.  

The other issue we have is our company uses AD authentication for MS SQL.  So I can't use my normal username and password to connect to MS SQL.  It would have to be integrated security.  How can we setup a data source with integrated security?    

Any advice would be appreciated,
William

1 Reply

RR Rajavel Ramabalan Syncfusion Team January 17, 2019 12:49 PM UTC

Hi William Niemand, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Please find the responses for your queries. 

S. No 
Query 
Response 
In the designer datasource view I only see: 
  • Amazon Redshift
  • MS SQL
  • PostgreSQL

To have other data sources, you need to configure intermediate DB for extract mode support. Please find the procedure in the following help link to configure it. Once configure please refresh the designer page to reload available data sources.  

How can I add MySQL to the available data sources? I already have a ODBC DSN set upon my localhost machine.   
We did not include MySQL yet. We are working on it and will be available in our next public release. 
Our company uses AD authentication for MS SQL.  So I can't use my normal username and password to connect to MS SQL.  It would have to be integrated security.  How can we setup a data source with integrated security?     
Currently we have support for name and password Authentication only in web based dashboard designer. We will consider this as feature request,  

Let us know if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Rajavel R. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon