We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is it possible to make the data source dynamic when integrating the dashboard into a winform?

I am using the dashboard designer to create my dashboard and I want to integrate it to my winform and i don't plan to use the dashboard server. I am using the web data source in the dashboard designer. Is it possible to make the dashboard get the datasource from connection string in my app.Config file? note that even if data source is difference I will be receiving data with the same schema or structure, the difference is that i will be getting data from different server and maybe different link.

note: I will not connect to database directly i will use an SP to get data as JSON objects. 

2 Replies

MP Mehala Palanisamy Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Mohamad, 

We can able to change the connection string for the dashboard using Web API. Refer the below KB link for how to change the on demand connection string, 

We are checking how to pass the Web Data Source connection string from our end. We will get back to you further details in two business days. 

Regards, 
Mehala Palanisamy 

MP Mehala Palanisamy Syncfusion Team January 9, 2019 03:53 PM UTC

Hi Mohamad, 

Thanks for your patience. 

Use the below code snippets to get the Web Data Source connection string. 

Connection connection= new Connection { DataSources = new List<DataSourceConnectionString>()}; 
ConnectionStringBuilder genetator =new ConnectionStringBuilder(); 
ConnectionParameters connectionParameter1 = new ConnectionParameters  
            {  
                  Url=””, // Your web data source url 
                AuthenticationType = 1, //Server or Windows Authentication Type. Mostly on demand connection should be Server Authentication.  
            }; 
connection.DataSources.Add(new DataSourceConnectionString  
            {  
                Name = "DataSource1",  
                ConnectionString = generator.GetConnectionString(connectionParameter1, ConnectionProviderType. WebDataConnector, OdbcDbmsType.None)  
            });  

Check the below KB document for your reference. 

Regards, 
Mehala Palanisamy 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon