We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

User experience while "scrolling" in SfPicker / Clearing SfPicker setting the date to "Null"

Hello there,

I've got two questions regarding Your Control "SfPicker":
  1. I've build a custom control derived from "SfPicker", which looks like the attached graphic. I've set the property "EnableLooping" to enable scrolling behaviour for each of the columns. While the use on a gesture recognising device (UWP & Android) is quiet intuitive, users are kinda confused when starting the application on a PC (UWP). There you need to hold mousebutton pushed and then give the column an accelaration moving the mouse up or down. It would be really great to realize "Scrolling" with the mouswheel in this situation. Is there another property to enable this behaviour?
  2. The "SfPicker" supports the two standard buttons "Ok" and "Cancel" as also shown in the attached graphic. I miss the option for a third button dealing with the possibility to clear the picker, setting the value to "Null" and showing a placeholder like "..." or "---". Everything I've tried ended with the "SfPicker" showing atleast the current date. Is there a supported way getting this behaviour realized?
I hope I haven't missed any solutions on these problems in Your forum.

If  You need further information or something I've written isn't described enough in detail, feel free to contact me.

I would be glad to hear from You soon :)

Kind regards

Attachment: CustomSfPicker_fbd9f3af.rar

1 Reply

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 19, 2018 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Julian, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query 1: "EnableLooping" to enable scrolling behaviour for each of the columns” 

The property “EnableLooping” in SfPicker is to make the items inside the picker to get looped from 1st item to last item. We cannot change the scrolling behavior or SfPicker by using this property. Also, we do not have support to scroll the items of SfPicker by using Mouse scrolling on UWP platform. 

Query 2: “I miss the option for a third button dealing with the possibility to clear the picker” 
We can have any number of buttons on the footer of the SfPicker, by default it has been given with the “Ok” and “Cancel” button. We can use custom view to add the required number of buttons on the footer. 

We have prepared a sample for the same which have three buttons on the footer. Please download the sample from the link given below. 

Sample: PickerSample 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon