We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Trying to implement a Calendar With SfSchedule and Import function

Hi!

So I'm trying to implement a Calendar to my Android application with Xamarin Forms, xaml and C# and I do not have the best of experience with coding yet...
I have implemented the calendar to show in my app, but i do not understand, how i can import .ics files into the calendar that imports events in. I've seen the instructions in Syncfusions page about the import and export methods, but I find it weird that some of the code is in HTML, which i do not want to use? 

Thanks in advance if you can help :)

3 Replies

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team December 17, 2018 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Kusra Sutra 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query with “how i can import .ics files into the calendar that imports events in” and currently we don’t have support for import or export .ics file in schedule we have already logged feature report for the same and it will be implemented in any of our upcoming releases and it can be tracked through our feedback portal below. 

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

As of now , you can import and export the appointments to Outlook. Please find the below KB link for more details about the same. 

Regards 
Vigneshkumar R 

KS Kusra Sutra December 17, 2018 12:43 PM UTC

But based on your instructions it seems like you can;
https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc-classic/schedule/ical-import-and-export?fbclid=IwAR24ZOtw2DAethqyo1GmonldireA3Jp0MT3sqdtPxVA5_v93kZDv3vqXmMQ#importing-appointments-on-loading
or is it just me that does not get it?

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team December 19, 2018 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Kusra, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have analyzed your query “Implement Import and Export Appointments in Schedule”, and to implement Import and Export appointments based on the link you have shared, first we must implement the Import and Export appointments feature and expose the API’s in Xamarin schedule, as we mentioned in our previous update, we have logged a feature request for the same.  

Regards, 
Vigneshkumar r 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon