We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Filtering data from detailTemplate in grid control

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

141494 Dec 14,2018 07:00 AM UTC Dec 17,2018 05:15 AM UTC JavaScript - EJ 2 1
Tags: Grid
John Chellah
Asked On December 14, 2018 07:00 AM UTC

Hello,

I'm using the grid control in Essential JS 2 for JavaScript (ES5). I want to use my column filter for data in the detail template. I know that if I want to search through the data in the detail template, I just need to add the columns in the main row with "visible: false".

But is it possible to filter through the data in the detail template?

Thanks
John

Madhu Sudhanan P [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 17, 2018 05:15 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for the contacting Syncfusion support. 

Before proceeding on your query, could you please check the below query regarding your requirement and address them. 

1.       Are you expecting to apply filter from parent grid to the child grid in details row. For example, when parent grid is filtered with EmployeeID equal to 5 then are you expecting the child grid to apply this same filter criteria to its data. 
2.       Share your grid code to understand the parent and child grid column schema. 
3.       Does the parent grid filter has to be done using filter UI or programmatically.  

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon