We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Customization

Hi Every One,

This is Balaji and i am working on Xamarin.Forms w.r.to Sync Fusion Trail Version Controls.  In Sync Fusion SfTextInputLayout the HeightRequest of the SfTextInputLayout is not Customizable.We are unable to reduce the height of the text Box.

I am using the Container Type as 'Outlined' and applying HeightRequest Property but it is not at all effecting the height of the Control.
Can we reduce the height?if not we should go with default height? 
if we can reduce the height please help me out with solution.
This is the code i used and image is attached below..Please help me out.
Thanks in advance.

<inputLayout:SfTextInputLayout
    Hint="Name" HeighRequest="80"
    ContainerType="Outlined">
    <Entry Text="John" />
</inputLayout:SfTextInputLayout>

Thanks & Regards,
 Balaji.K

Attachment: Text_Input_Layout_60677e30.zip

1 Reply

GS Gunasekaran Sankar Syncfusion Team December 12, 2018 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Balaji, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query: the HeightRequest of the SfTextInputLayout is not Customizable. Can we reduce the height? if not we should go with default height?  

The height of the text input layout is based on the height of the input view. It can be changed by setting HeightRequest or FontSize property of the Entry (or other input view). We have provided the code snippet for the same, 

[Code Snippet XAML], 

To collapse the bottom space of the text input layout 
Currently the bottom space of the text input layout is reserved for assistive labels (such as helper text, error text and character counter text). We have planned to provide the support to hide the bottom space in our Volume 4 2018 release, which is scheduled to be rolled out at the mid of December. 

To customize the padding for the input view 
We would like to let you know that, we have already considered to provide an option to customize padding for the input view, which will be available in our Volume 1 2019 release, it is targeted by the mid of March. 

Regards, 
Gunasekaran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon