We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfCheckbox cuts the text on iOS

Hello, 

I am facing an issue while using SfCheckBox on iOS. If the desription text is too long, it gets cut in the middle (e.g. instead of displaying 'I declare I have read and agreed to the terms' it would display 'I declare I...the terms'). I have tried to increase the HeightRequest of the control, but it does not make a difference (the text is still cut). On Android everything displays fine. Could you please help me solve this issue?

Thank you in advance,
Faithfully,
Weronika Ziarkowska

3 Replies

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 11, 2018 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Weronika, 

Greetings from Syncfusion.  

We have achieved your requirement in sample level by changing the native control’s LineBreakMode as CharacterWrap in renderer. Please find the code snippet as below. 

Code Snippet: 
this.Control.LineBreakMode = UIKit.UILineBreakMode.CharacterWrap; 

Also, we have prepared the sample for the same. Please find the sample from the below link. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

GZ Goran Zidar September 30, 2019 10:29 PM UTC

Hello all

Is there any chance that this could simply become a property of the checkbox control? Native xamarin forms Label has LineBreakMode property that works cross-platform without the need for custom renderer. Would it be possible to leverage that rather than have each app have to implement this on its own?

Regards

Goran

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team October 1, 2019 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Goran, 

Yes, we have provided LineBreakMode support for SfCheckBox in our Vol 3 Beta release. Please download the release setup from the below link. 

Please refer the UG for more details about this feature. 

Please let us know if you have any other queries.  

Thanks,    
Muneesh Kumar G.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon