We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Lincensing and versions

Hi,

I have 2 questions regarding license keys
1)  I am using xamarin forms and mvc, can I use 1 key for both or each needs it is own key?
2) Whenever I upgrade to a newer nuget version, should I get a new key or key for the previous version should still work? 

thanks,

Emil

3 Replies

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team November 30, 2018 04:20 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please find the response for your queries below. 

Query 
I am using xamarin forms and mvc, can I use 1 key for both or each needs it is own key? 

Response 
No, you can’t get single key for both Xamarin and ASP.NET MVC. Each license key will represent as single platform. But, you can use both license key in your application by separating ‘;’. Also, in license generation itself separating license key with ‘;’ while generating with multiple platforms. 

Query 
Whenever I upgrade to a newer nuget version, should I get a new key or key for the previous version should still work? 

Response 
Syncfusion license keys are version specific. So, you have to generate the corresponding version license key when you upgrading to newer version of Syncfusion NuGet. 

Regards, 
Kannan 

EM Emil November 30, 2018 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Kannan,

thanks for your response. regarding 2nd point, when i dont get new key after an update, i dont get warning or error message. it seems to be working indeed. 
Beside that sometimes i use different versions of tools if i encounter an error with newer version. I wish that you dont require new key after an update. this is negligible
as developers arent used to work with nuget this way. Thats why i had this problem in the Microsoft store. I didnt create new key after an update and when i debug locally, it never returned any error but once i uploaded to the store, it was returning error message that key is not valid.
I have to say that i found your all those licensing process very complicated and not efficient for the business. please take that as a feedback.

thanks,

Emil 

KA Kannan Syncfusion Team December 3, 2018 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Syncfusion providing the NuGet packages in public nuget.org. So, we validating the license during the application runtime. The license warning message will show during development also. We suspect that, the running the application with existing IIS express running site. Syncfusion validating the license key once when Syncfusion control initialized at first time at application runtime. Can you kill the IIS Exception and run the upgraded NuGet package with older license key? Now, you will face the license warning message at application runtime. 

We will analysis about the license key validation during compilation time and it will be implemented in any of our upcoming release. 

Until then, please update the license key when you upgrade the NuGet packages.  

Regards, 
Kannan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon