We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Moving the Company stack (would you still use AngularJS for new projects)

I'm an intern at a startup that up to this point had all of their software build at an external company in a low cost country. Even though the development of their product started not too long ago (max 1 year ago) their stack contains AngularJS on the front end.

Since I only know React and Vue from a framework perspective I started to look into it and discovered that AngularJS is basically v1. At the time of this writing AngularJS is in long time support and will stop being maintained altogether. This software is not in production yet and although I get that you can't always work with the latest technologies, I really have the feeling that the company shouldn't use AngularJS. Unfortunately I am in the half intern half CTO position where I know the most from a developer perspective but yet am still an intern and acknowledge my lack of industry experience. (only had a full stack job for about a year).

However I do face the decision of just completing the development or informing the company about the stack.

1 Reply

DL Deepa Loganathan Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,    

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.    

We understood your concerns about continuing the project development with AngularJS.    

As you said, AngularJS has its own pros and cons when compared to Angular2. So, the advantages of moving using Angular2 is that,   

1.         It is developed using Typescript, thereby letting you to make use of the powerful features of Typescript like type checking, OOPS concept   

2.         More modular, making your project easily manageable when compared to AngularJS   

3.         Improved performance   

4.         Simpler routing when compared to AngularJS   

5.         Improved Dependency injection   

6.         Mobile support   

Apart from the above points, AngularJS is still suitable for small scale applications that does not have any complex logic or bulk data to handle.   

Regards,    

Deepa L.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon