We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Custom Tool for Rich Text Editor

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

141020 Nov 19,2018 02:07 PM UTC Nov 20,2018 10:30 AM UTC Angular - EJ 2 1
Tags: RichTextEditor
Daniel Williams
Asked On November 19, 2018 02:07 PM UTC

Hi,

I am finding it difficult to get a custom tool working with the rich text editor control.  The purpose of the custom tool is to provide a dropdown list of insertable fields into the content of RTE.  For example, one option in the dropdown would be 'First Name', and as a result of selecting this item, the value '#Firstname#' would be inserted into the content.

So far I have managed to get a control on to the toolbar:

But I am yet to get it to do anything useful.  Ideally it would display a list of fields, a bit like the Paragraph tool except, it would display selectable fields rather than paragraph formatting types.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
Daniel Williams

Prince Oliver [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 20, 2018 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Daniel,  

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have checked your requirement for custom tool in RTE control with DropDownList. We can render the DropDownList control inside RTE and insert the selected value into editor using  insertHtml” method. Kindly refer to the following code snippet. 

change: (args: any)=>{ 
    proxy.focusIn(); 
    InsertHtml.Insert(document, document.createTextNode(args.value)); 
} 

We prepared a sample as per your requirement, please find the sample at the following location: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-8i57rh-jqdzpw  

Please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.   

Regards, 
Prince 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;