We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid related questions

I'm new to Designer and i have few questions regarding Grid,
Pulling data from sql server and using Syncfusion dashboard designer. 
Q:
1. When pull data some fields like qty, amount, price etc comes as measures and when add those column, it display as sum. how can i add those column as regular column.
2. i have more line which can fit on page, how can i do auto scroll vertically so row can be display without user interaction.

Thanks,
-Vishal

5 Replies

RR Ranjani Ramalingam Syncfusion Team April 25, 2017 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Vishal, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product.  

Please find the response for your query. 

Query 
Answer 
When pull data some fields like qty, amount, price etc comes as measures and when add those column, it display as sum. how can i add those column as regular column. 
Currently we don’t have this support. We have always shows the summarize data for widget. 
i have more line which can fit on page, how can i do auto scroll vertically so row can be display without user interaction. 
Please provide us more details on the below queries. 
  1. You can’t fit all the line in single page?
  2. Are you using Grid widget?
  3. Do you wish the grid to scroll automatically?
  4. What should happen if the scroll reaches the end?
Provide us  more details on your exact requirement. Pictorial and video representations are much appreciated. 

Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Ranjani R. 

VP Vishal Patel April 25, 2017 03:23 PM UTC

Hi, Ranjani

here is your queries reply, 
  1. You can’t fit all the line in single page?

sometime I'm expecting more lines that it can fit on same page.

1. Are you using Grid widget?

yes,

1. Do you wish the grid to scroll automatically?

yes

1. What should happen if the scroll reaches the end?

goes on top and scroll down. also I have auto refresh set on page to pull new data every 5 min.

i'm planning to use sdk on dedicated machine to display this data on big screen. 

-Vishal

RR Ranjani Ramalingam Syncfusion Team April 28, 2017 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Vishal, 

We have logged an feature report for Auto scroller for grid widget requirement. This feature will be available in any of our upcoming release. 

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards, 
Ranjani R. 

BW Barrett Wainscott July 25, 2017 09:33 PM UTC

I am having the same problem.  I just want to show a list of customers with customerid but it keeps calling my customer id a "measure" and tries to Sum it.  So you are saying there is no way to do this in a dashboard?  

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team July 26, 2017 06:53 AM UTC

Hi Barrett, 

We can achieve your requirement of displaying a measure value (customer id) as a dimension using “Change Column Type” support in Dashboard Application. For example, we have “EmployeeID” as measure and “FirstName” as dimension. we want to list “FirstName” with its corresponding “EmployeeID” without showing Sum of EmployeeID. Please refer “Transforming Data” section in the following UG link to achieve your requirement. 

Changing the column type to “Text” from “Default(Number)” 

Display “FirstName” with its corresponding “EmployeeID” 

After changing to “Text” type, EmployeeID shows with decimal points, this issue will be fixed and available in our upcoming release. But we can achieve to display EmployeeID without decimal places by creating expression field with following expression as a work around. 

IF(CONTAINS([EmployeeID],'.0') ='true', LEFT([EmployeeID],LEN([EmployeeID]) - 2),[EmployeeID]) 

Refer the UG link to create Expression field 

Bind Expression field to Grid 

Regards, 
Renuka N 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon