We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridDynamicFilter very slow

Hi,

I have a GridGroupingControl with 10 columns and 9999 rows.

Load 9999 rows it´s very fast.

But ... when I use the GridDynamicFilter and filter one column: For example field description, the search is very slow.

When I type the letters in the text box it looks very sluggish.

why??

Thanks

Attachment: grid_60439fad.rar

5 Replies

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 8, 2017 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Mel, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We could able to understand your scenario. In GridDynamicFilter, the filtering will be performed based on each character while typing in textbox , so that it slows the filtering performance for many number of records. Currently , we have restricted the filtering process while typing each characters by setting the particular time interval using “FilterDelay” to hold the filter operation for some time as you want. So you can type the more characters in that time interval and filtering will be processed based on current text of textbox. It will prevent the processing of filter for typing each characters. Could you please let us know , if you need that feature? It would be more useful for us to proceed further on this scenario. 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

ME Mel March 8, 2017 03:06 PM UTC

Yes i need that feature.

How I add "FilterDelay" ???

Thanks

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 9, 2017 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Mel, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are currently working on this feature implementation in our source. The reported feature “Need to provide the support for delaying the filtering while pressing the key in GridDynamicFilter will be available in our 2017 Volume 1 – ServicePack 2 build. Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

ME Mel March 9, 2017 03:59 PM UTC

Ok thanks about information.

When will be 2017 Volume 1 – ServicePack 2 available.??

thanks

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 10, 2017 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Mel, 

Thanks for the update. 

The 2017 Volume 1-ServicePack 2 build will be available at end of this month(March, 2017). Please let us know if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon