We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AVG antivirus detects Screenlocker_s.CPA when scanning Syncfusion.SampleLayout.WPF.dll (14.2.0.26)

Every time my system boots, CompatTelRunner accesses  Syncfusion.SampleLayout.WPF.dll  in C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.2.0.26\PrecompiledAssemblies\14.2.0.26\* (where * is one of: 4.0, 4.5, 4.5.1, 4.6) and AVG antivirus stops it because it detects Screenlocker_s.CPA on it. If I manually scan any of the above files it also detects the same threat.

I have not seen any reports about this so I cannot really tell if it is a false alarm or a legitimate thread (i.e. the file has been somehow altered). 
Can anyone confirm that this is a false alarm? 
Is there a list hashes per file included in the installation so I can verify that the file has not been altered?

Panayotis

1 Reply

KS Kathiresan Subramaniam Syncfusion Team February 9, 2017 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Panayotis,

We have created a separate incident for your query and provided our response. Please follow that incident for further update.

Regards,
Kathiresan S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon