We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Paging

I have a problem with paging on selected row.
When I select row on first page it works ok. but when i go to page nr 3 and select row it get's me back to page 1.

How can I prevent this from happening?

8 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team December 21, 2016 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Hrvoje Voda, 

We can reproduce the reported behavior in our v13.4.0.53 which has been fixed and included in our later versions. So, we suggest you to upgrade to latest version in order to avoid the reported behavior in grid. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team December 21, 2016 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Hrvoje Voda, 

We can reproduce the reported behavior in our v13.4.0.53 which has been fixed and included in our later versions. So, we suggest you to upgrade to latest version in order to avoid the reported behavior in grid. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

HV Hrvoje Voda December 21, 2016 11:14 AM UTC

I'm using 14.4460.0.15
isn't that the latest version?

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team December 22, 2016 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Hrvoje Voda, 

We are unable to reproduce the issue in our latest version. We have created a sample which can be downloaded from the below location. 

Please try the above sample and if you still face issues, share the following details. 

1.       Grid rendering code and the server side code. 
2.       Video demo of the issue that you are facing 
3.       If possible, reproduce the issue in the above provided sample and share. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

HV Hrvoje Voda December 22, 2016 12:58 PM UTC

I tried your example and it's doing the same thing as mine. Grid refresh on every index selection change.

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team December 23, 2016 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Hrvoje Voda, 

The issue that you have reported in your first update was “On selecting a row from third page, grid navigates to page 1”. So, we ensured with a sample and provided the same mentioning the issue wasn’t reproduced at our end. 

Also, the sample that we have provided doesn’t have the grid within the UpdatePanel. So, on performing server events, the page refreshes.  

Since we have enabled server events for selection, full post occurs on selecting a record and thus grid refreshes each record in grid. So, if you place the grid within the UpdatePanel only partial post will be performed and thus the grid doesn’t get refreshes on selecting each record. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

HV Hrvoje Voda December 23, 2016 10:19 AM UTC

I see that grid doesn't have OnServerRowSelected event.
When I remove it from grid events, paging works.

So, how to get selected row values?

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team December 27, 2016 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Hrvoje Voda, 

It will be very helpful for analyzing the issue and assisting you better if you could share your View page code corresponding to Grid rendering and also the server side code example for the events defined. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon