We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

HTML to PDF Converter- ASP.Net Core

Hi, is the HTML to PDF converter working in ASP.Net Core? If not is there a workaround similar to the Word to PDF article? Thank you.

15 Replies

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team December 9, 2016 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Eric, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we do not have support for HTML to PDF conversion in ASP.NET core. Alternatively, we have used service approach in HTML to PDF conversion. We have prepared a sample to convert the HTML to PDF in ASP.NET Core using WCF service. 

Please find the ASP.NET Core sample which uses the above WCF sample as service reference for PDF conversion from below link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/127732/ze/WebApplication1-725515612  

Note: Before run ASP.NET core sample, you need to start WCF service sample. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Prakash V. 

PM Philippe-Antoine Major July 7, 2017 03:12 PM UTC

Is there any update about the HTML converter for asp.net Core as of July 2017?

Thanks in advance!

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 10, 2017 10:20 AM UTC

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently we are in research phase of HTML to PDF conversion in .Net Core platform. We will implement this usability feature in any of our upcoming release. We will let you know through this forum once this feature is available.  

Regards, 
Prakash V 

PM Philippe-Antoine Major July 10, 2017 06:10 PM UTC

Okay, thanks for the update. I will seek another alternative to generate the pdf files in the meantime.

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 12, 2017 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Philippe, 

Thanks for your update. 
As said earlier in this forum (Updated on 12/9/2016, 8:28 AM), we can convert HTML to PDF in .Net core by using WCF service.  

Regards, 
Prakash V 

PM Philippe-Antoine Major July 12, 2017 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Prakash, I saw this post earlier but I'm not 100% sure a WCF service can be hosted on Linux platform (except maybe via Mono project). I might be wrong as I never worked with WCF but my understanding of it is it is made to run on Windows primarily. I also found some other alternatives such as WkHtmlToPdf and PhantomJS (or the new chrome headless mode) to do what I want (with varying results though), trying to investigate those options as they are fully cross-platform compatible.If not, I will try using it on my Linux box in the following days.

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team July 13, 2017 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Eric, 

Thanks for your update. 

WCF service can be hosted in Linux using mono, but our WebKit HTML converter do not compatible with mono. So, the provided workaround will not suite your requirement. As said earlier, we will provide support for HTML to PDF in .Net core platform in any of our upcoming release.  
Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Prakash V 

PM Philippe-Antoine Major October 13, 2017 09:13 PM UTC

Hi there, I just had a call from one of your sales rep. and he told me it was now possible to generate PDF files directly from html string in Asp.Net Core controls, is that correct? 

He told me he thought it was available but he wasn't completely sure about it, so I wanted to get in touch and verify the information. If it's not yet available, do you have any rough estimate of when it could be implemented? Is it even on the backlog? 

Thanks in advance!

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team October 16, 2017 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Eric, 

We are actively working in this feature for adding support to converting HTML to PDF in .Net core. We are expecting this feature will be included in our upcoming 2017 volume 4 release. 

Regards, 
Prakash V 

PM Philippe-Antoine Major October 17, 2017 12:32 PM UTC

Nice to hear, I will be looking forward to using this feature when it will be released. In the meantime there are a couple open source libraries that work pretty well once customized a little :)

CM Chinnu Muniyappan Syncfusion Team October 18, 2017 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Philippe, 

Thank you for your update. Our upcoming 2017 volume 4 release will be available on November 2017. 

Regards, 
Chinnu 

MR Marcel Ruiter November 14, 2017 02:47 AM UTC

Is this functionality available yet? And how does it work? Are there any examples available?

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team November 14, 2017 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Marcel, 

Due to stability reason we have not included this feature “Need to add support for HTML to PDF conversion in .net core” in the release (Volume 4, 2017). Currently we are working on this feature with high priority and we will include this feature in our upcoming release Volume 1, 2018 release. 

Regards, 
Prakash V 

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team January 22, 2018 10:32 AM UTC

Hi all, 

We are happy to share that HTML to PDF conversion in .Net core will be available in the upcoming Volume 1, 2018 release, which is expected to be available on mid of February. Please refer the below blog for more details about the initial set of features and other information’s. 

Please post your query or feedback related to the conversion support on the blog. 

Regards, 
George  

PV Prakash Viswanathan Syncfusion Team February 23, 2018 04:17 PM UTC

Hi All, 

We are glad to announce that HTML to PDF conversion in ASP.NET Core platform is supported now. Our Essential Studio 2018 Volume 1 Release  v16.1.0.24  is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.  

For more information about HTML to PDF conversion, please refer the below KB links:  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Prakash V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon