We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ASP.NET MVC 6 support

Hi,
I'm considering Essential Studio for a new MVC 6 project.
The suite seems very interesting, but I would like to know when will be available a new version that supports MVC 6.

This is important for me to understand if I can already start working with MVC 6 or even if I have to use MVC 5.

Thanks,
Roberto

9 Replies

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team October 9, 2015 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Our ASP.NET MVC components has been already provided with MVC 6 beta 5 Support (with visual studio 2015) in our version 13.2.0.34. You can download our latest version Vol-3 2015 (13.3.0.7) to make use of this support. Our latest version is available for download under the following link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/120659/essential-studio-2015-volume-3-final-release-v13-3-0-7-is-available-for-download

The following components doesn’t have support in MVC 6 due to some incompatibility classes.

1. Captcha
2. File Explorer
3. Splitter

You cannot use controls with content template option (razorviewtemplates), inside any section (Render Sections) in the view page.

For your reference we have attached a MVC 6 sample in the following location.

Sample Location: MVC6 sample

To get started with our MVC components, please refer to the following link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/accordion/overview

Regards
HariKrishnan

RT Roberto Tonni October 9, 2015 03:52 PM UTC

Thanks for clarification, this means that I can already start working with MVC 6.

I tried to compile MVC 6 sample solution using Visual Studio 2015, but fails to resolve the "Syncfusion.EJ 13.2600.0.34-beta5" dependency (inside project.json). I'm doing something wrong?

I also tried to look for "Syncfusion.EJ" NuGet package (or something like that), but I could not find it anywhere.
Do I have to install the latest version Vol-3 2015 (13.3.0.7) and copy the assemblies in the GAC?

Thanks,
Roberto

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team October 12, 2015 11:49 AM UTC

Hi Roberto,

Yes, you need to install 13.2.0.34 or later versions. Once you have installed the Essential studio for MVC, you will get the assemblies in GAC and you can add “Syncfusion.EJ” nuget package in project.json file.

To use the Syncfusion EJ MVC components, you need to have some packages installed. So please install packages from nuget.org and ASPNETVNext as shown in the below link. If you have previously configured any packages, uncheck them and just install the packages from these two URL’s as shown in the following link

https://github.com/aspnet/Home/wiki/Configuring-the-feed-used-by-dnu-to-restore-packages

Then open the package manager console and type “dnvm”. Once it is done, type “dnvm upgrade”.

Now restart the Visual studio and create the MVC 6 project.

Add the Syncfusion.EJ nuget package in “project.json” file.

Then add the following namespaces in “Viewimports.cshtml” page.

@using Syncfusion.JavaScript

@using Syncfusion.EJ.MVC

Now you can use the EJ MVC components. If still you face any difficulties, kindly get back to us with more information and we will be happy to help you.

Regards,

HariKrishnan

RT Roberto Tonni October 13, 2015 12:14 PM UTC

Thank you so much for the quick response and the information provided.

I installed 13.3.0.7 (placing the assemblies in GAC), and I have updated my solution to DNX SDK 1.0.0-beta7 (updating all the other packages to beta7).

Then, I modified _ViewImports.cshtml adding the following namespaces:
@using Syncfusion.JavaScript
@using Syncfusion.MVC.EJ

Everything compiles perfectly, but if I try to run the site with IIS Express I receive the following error:

Reference to type 'IHtmlHelper' claims it is defined in 'Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc.Core', but it could not be found

1. @{Html.EJ().DatePicker("date").Value("10/10/2015").Render();}

It seems that it does not find the EJ extension.

I attach the solution I'm working on (the view with the error is /Views/Home/Index.cshtml)

I apologize, but I have never worked before with a beta version of ASP.NET.

Thanks,
Roberto

Attachment: MVC6Sample_37e2443e.7z

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team October 14, 2015 07:40 AM UTC

Hi Roberto,

We have provided MVC 6 support up to beta version 5. At present, our EJMVC components will not work with beta 7. We will provide support for higher beta versions of MVC 6 in our future releases. You can downgrade to MVC 6 beta 5 and use our components. Please follow the below steps for downgrading to MVC 6 beta 5

1)      Open the command prompt and type “dnvm list”. It will show all the beta versions installed on your machine. Then type “dnvm use 1.0.0-beta5 –p” to use beta 5. If this version is not shown in the dnvm list means, then use beta 4 or older.

Please refer the below screenshot,

2)      Right click on your MVC 6 application, and choose the option properties. Then in the application tab, change the ‘Solution DNX SDK version’ to beta 5 as shown in the below screenshot.

3)      Make sure that the text file present within the users -> username -> .dnx -> “alias” folder refers to the beta 5 version as shown below,

[fig: Shows the text with the “text” file]

Screenshot of “alias” folder shown below,

Now close the Visual studio and create a new MVC6 project, then try to use the EJMVC components. It will work without any problems. If still you face any difficulties, please get back to us with more information and we will be happy to help you.

Regards,

HariKrishnan

RT Roberto Tonni October 21, 2015 07:56 AM UTC

Perfect, now everything works without any problems.

Thanks for support
Roberto

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team October 22, 2015 03:48 AM UTC

Hi Roberto,

We are glad to hear that the provided solution helps to you. Please get back to us if you need further assistance.

Regards,
HariKrishnan

NA nax123 February 12, 2016 02:02 PM UTC

Hi,
I am using 2015V4 and use of ContentTemplate option is not possible, any information on when this would be available? Any other options to use nested controls i.e Splitter->Treeview for example?

MM Manikandan Mariappan Syncfusion Team February 15, 2016 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Rein,

We have checked with your query and created a new incident under your account to track the status of the feature reported in this forum. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents 

Regards,

Manikandan Mariappan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon