We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to set a column filter and other properties at initialization on MVC pivot grid

By following one of your samples I was able to get the pivot grid to work with a WebAPi service

But I would like to be able to set a column filter (eg date range or integer range ) to limit time to initial render but allow user to add in more values if required - is this possible?

Also I would like to be able to set whether a column is initially used when first rendered (but still allow it to be added via column chooser)

basically how to set state of schema designer at init?

3 Replies

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team September 24, 2015 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Richard,

Please find our response.

Queries
Syncfusion comments
I would like to be able to set a column filter (eg date range or integer range ) to limit time to initial
We have range filter support for filtering the values by adding filter details through “SlicerRangeFiltersInfo” in OLAP report and please find the documentation link below.
http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-classic/olapcommon/olapreport/filtering-slicer-elements-by-range

allow user to add in more values if required - is this possible?
Yes. We have providing pagination support to bind huge data and please find the documentation and sample link for your reference,
Documentation: http://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/pivotgrid/paging
Online sample: http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/pivotgrid/paging
Installed sample location:
<SystemDrive>:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\xx.x.x.xx\MVC\Samples\web\Views\PivotGrid /Paging.cshtml
Also I would like to be able to set whether a column is initially used when first rendered (but still allow it to be added via column chooser)

basically how to set state of schema designer at init?
We would very much appreciate if you could provide more details on this requirement such as screen-shot or sample which would help us provide appropriate details.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Prabu S.

RH Richard Harding September 30, 2015 07:54 AM UTC

Would the responses to the first 2 question be applicable to pivot grid not using olap source but relational source via web api?

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 1, 2015 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Please find the following response.

S.No
Query
Response
I would like to be able to set a column filter (eg date range or integer range ) to limit time to initial
“SlicerRangeFiltersInfo” has created by framing MDX query using start and end value which is valid for OLAP datasource alone and not applicable for relational datasource.
allow user to add in more values if required - is this possible?
We have already logged your requirement as a feature task in our database which is available in any of our upcoming release. We will intimate you once the implementation is done.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon