We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridControlBase not resuming exception capturing when disposed.

Hello,

I am currently running Syncfusion 11.104.0.21 and am running into an issue with the GridControlBase when grids are disposed.

Essentially, my code is setup to close a screen containing a grid when a user double clicks a row (so the resulting row data is returned to the parent screen.) When this is done, the OnMouseDown event on GridControlBase is called. Within this, the SyncFusion ExceptionManager class is modified to suspend exception capturing then the event is raised. I've found that whenever the grid is disposed Syncfusion never calls ResumeCatchExceptions on the ExceptionManager and exceptions that are normally caught by Syncfusion are now being thrown.

Is this something that has been fixed that could possibly be patched? It seems to me that a try catch finally where ResumeCatchExceptions can be placed in the finally would resolve the issue. Or maybe this is by design and it should be doing this, but I don't understand why it would.

2 Replies

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team March 11, 2015 07:26 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have analysed your scenario. Could you please provide us some more information like what exception you are getting, etc.... if possible please share the code that you have used or replicate your scenario in the sample attached below. So that it would be easy for us to provide a prompt solution as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Thanks & Regards,

AL.Solai.

SA Solai A L Syncfusion Team March 11, 2015 07:31 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The sample was missed in the previous update. Please refer the below link.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/118463/ChangeBorderColor-285912312.zip

Thanks & Regards,
AL.Solai.

Loader.
Up arrow icon