We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridComboBoxColumn - Bind Different ItemSource per Row

I have a situation where I am dynamically creating a SfDataGrid, with a number of different types of Columns, also dynamically generated. In my ExpandoObject list there is a property which is also of the ExpandoObject list type. What I need to do is bind a different list to the ComboBox based on whichever value is bound to cell 1. I am running out of ideas... how can I accomplish this?

1 Reply

PR Pradeepa R V Syncfusion Team April 2, 2014 02:27 PM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Thank You for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Please find the response for your query.

Binding different list to ComboBox based on the value bound to the cell is possible and we can achieve it by using Converter.However this is not possible if we use DynamicCollection as mentioned by you.ComboBox itself doesn’t provide support to bind DynamicCollection.Here I have attached the sample where I have used ObservableCollection to create SfDataGrid with columns and different list is bind to ComboBox based on the value bound to the cell.

Please let us know if you have any concerns

Regards

Pradeepa

Attachment: Binding_ComboBox_112a6387.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon