We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Support for Coded UI VS2012

Hi,

We are using SyncFusion Essential Studio 10.1.0.44 grids in our applcation.

Are these supported with VS 2012 Coded UI automation tool?

Thanks,
Naidu

14 Replies

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team March 8, 2013 10:18 AM UTC

Hi  Ramamoorthy,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Yes, it will be support with VS2012 CodedUI automation Tool. For your reference here we have explain the Code UI testing procedure for GridControl.

Steps for Coded UI Testing:

Please download the following ZIP file which contains the source for “Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtensions.dll”. Before compiling the source please create a folder named ”UITestExtensionPackages” in the following location:

“%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\VSTT\10.0”

You can type in run “%CommonProgramFiles%” to access the location. Then navigate to “\Microsoft Shared\VSTT\10.0” and create the folder ”UITestExtensionPackages”. After you create the folder please compile the following projects in the zip file:

1. Syncfusion.Grid.WPF.UITest_2010.csproj
2. Syncfusion.Grid.WPF.UITest.Services_2010.csproj

Run the “copy.bat” to copy these file to the above mentioned location.

We have also included a sample project with this attachment. Compile and create the exe for the sample application before running the test project.

URL for Source:

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?file=UITest_b3d7bbc9.zip&team=development

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Raja sekar.G

TD Tam Dang March 11, 2013 06:48 PM UTC

Hi Raja Sekar,

When I try to compile the src you have given I am getting the below error:

Error    68    Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Input.ModifierKeys' and 'System.Windows.Input.ModifierKeys'    E:\Workspace\SyncFusion\UITest\UITestSrc\GridActionFilter.cs    71    20    Syncfusion.Grid.WPF.UITest_2010

Can you please help?

Thanks,
Naidu

RV Ramamoorthy Vegi March 14, 2013 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Raja Sekar,

I am able to compile in VS2012. When I try to record on the sample project CodedUI crashes with the below error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
  HResult=-2147024894
  Message=Could not load file or assembly 'Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridCommunication, Version=8.204.0.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
  Source=Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension
  FileName=Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridCommunication, Version=8.204.0.18, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
  FusionLog=WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

StackTrace:
       at Syncfusion.Grid.WPF.UITest.GridTechnologyManager.GetElementFromPoint(Int32 pointX, Int32 pointY)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.UITestService.GetElementFromPoint(Int32 pointX, Int32 pointY)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl..ctor(Point point)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.CodedUITest.Controls.UIControlLocator.UIControlFinder.PlaybackThreadproc()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
  InnerException:

Can you please help me to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Naidu

RV Ramamoorthy Vegi March 15, 2013 10:38 PM UTC

Hi Raja Sekar,

Finally got it working on the sample project from the zip file. When I use it our application with SyncFusion grids it is not working.

Can you please help?

Thanks,
Naidu

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team April 2, 2013 04:40 AM UTC

Hi Ramamoorthy,                    

Thanks for the patience.

Could you please share the modified sample to replicate the issue? That would be very helpful for us to provide solution earlier.

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Regards,

Raja sekar.G

KE kentzheng October 10, 2013 09:52 AM UTC

Hi there, I am working on this Coded UI automation and trying to follow the steps but I don't seem to be able to download the resource you mentioned. The link is not valid anymore, could you please advise?

Thanks,

Kent

GA Gobinath A Syncfusion Team October 19, 2013 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Kent Zheng,

Sorry for the  delay in getting back to you.

We have reload the sample again and could you please check the attached sample in the following location.

Sample Link: Sample.zip

Source for GridExtension dll: Source for GridExtenstion.zip

Documentation : Coded UI test Document.zip

Please refer below UG link for more details about GridControl UI Automation.

UG Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/grid/Documents/4181gridcontroluiautomationsupport.htm

For your reference we have attached the video and please find the following location.

Video Link: Coded UI Test Video.zip

Could you please ensure in your machine containing the Visual Studio ultimate version (10.0.30319.1) before performing the CodedUITesting . Since the updated version of Visual Studio ultimate will be crash while perform coded UI testing .Please refer the following msdn forum link for your more information.

Msdn link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/04f3d110-ed49-49e8-8b20-8a465715bfcc/how-to-debug-the-extension-package-for-custom-properties-in-custom-controls#04f3d110-ed49-49e8-8b20-8a465715bfcc

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Gobinath A.

TO tomas March 5, 2014 01:28 PM UTC

Hi,

I tried to download the sources but i get "Access Denied" response.
Could somebody help me with that?

Thanks

DR Deepak Raj Sundar Syncfusion Team September 30, 2014 05:22 AM UTC

Hi Tomas,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have attached the files regarding the Coded UI documentation, source, videos . Please find the attachment and let us know if it is helpful .

Regards,

Deepak raj Sundar.

Attachment: UITest_10555bc5.zip

DR Deepak Raj Sundar Syncfusion Team September 30, 2014 05:24 AM UTC

Hi Tomas,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have attached the files regarding the Coded UI documentation, source, videos . Please find the attachment and let us know if it is helpful .

UITest files : UITest.zip

Sample :Sample.zip

Documentation and video :Coded_UI_Test_Documentation_and_video.zip

Source : Source.zip

Regards,

Deepak raj Sundar.

AJ Alan Jin May 14, 2015 09:29 AM UTC

Hi,

When comiling the source code, I run into the following error. Do you know what's wrong?

Error 19 Operator '==' cannot be applied to operands of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Input.ModifierKeys' and 'System.Windows.Input.ModifierKeys'

This error occurs in:

private static bool IsLeftClick(MouseAction mouseAction)

{

return mouseAction != null &&

mouseAction.ActionType == MouseActionType.Click &&

mouseAction.MouseButton == MouseButtons.Left &&

mouseAction.ModifierKeys == System.Windows.Input.ModifierKeys.None;

}

JG Jai Ganesh S Syncfusion Team May 15, 2015 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the update.

We have analyzed your query and you have already posted the same query in the another forum # 119143. Could you please follow up that forum # 119143 for further details?

Regards,

Jai Ganesh S

FM Francisco Molina March 7, 2018 09:34 PM UTC

Hi,

I know that this is an old thread but I wonder if you have GridControl Coded UI support for SyncFusion V9.3.0.61 with Visual Studio 2013? Because With Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 I'm able to compile the source code but when I insert the dlls to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\10.0\UITestExtensionPackages, there is an error message with the following information: 

The following package failed to load: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\VSTT\10.0\UITestExtensionPackages\Syncfusion.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.GridExtension.dll. Coded UI Test is now in an inconsistent state. Remove this package and restart visual studio to work with Coded UI Test. 

Thanks,
Francisco.

TL Thirumurugan Loganathan Syncfusion Team March 9, 2018 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Francisco,   

We have checked the given image reference and found that GridExtension assembly is loaded from 12.0 folder location. But it should refer from 10.0, if you are using Visual Studio 2010. You can avoid this error by following the steps mentioned in the below documentation.   

Coded UI documentation 

Please check and let us know if problem persist at your side after configuring your system as mentioned in the above documentation. Meanwhile, we will check the issue on the given specification.   

Regards,   
Thirumurugan   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon