At Syncfusion, our ultimate goal is to deliver high-quality products that meet the needs of our customers. That is why we are continuously improving and fine-tuning our .NET MAUI controls to be even more effective than our Xamarin.Forms controls.
As of now, we have provided 34 controls in our .NET MAUI suite, and we will continue to add more in the future to help you build the best possible applications and improve your workflow.
We are grateful for your support for Syncfusion and your enthusiastic response to our products. Thank you for choosing Syncfusion, and we hope our .NET MAUI controls will continue to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
This blog will explain our strategy and commitment to the .NET MAUI platform for 2023.
Syncfusion .NET MAUI available controls as of the end of 2022
We delivered what we hoped to in our 2022 roadmap a year ago. So far, we offer 34 controls and file-formats libraries, a few still in preview:
Note: We have also provided 24 built-in .NET MAUI value converters.
We have delivered 34 controls and file-format libraries in the last six releases, with an average of six controls per release. We’ve been concentrating on bringing you the most significant controls first, such as Charts, DataGrid, ListView, Scheduler, and PDF Viewer.
Overview of the 2023 release plans
We plan to introduce 19 new controls, several new features in the existing controls, and common enhancements in our .NET MAUI suite for 2023. Following is the complete list, which I will then break down by volume.
New .NET MAUI controls for 2023
|DateTime Picker||Image Editor||Masked Entry||Numeric Entry (numeric updown)|
|Picker||Pull To Refresh||Popup||Radio Button|
We proudly stand behind our products and will work with you under tight deadlines to help ship your products on time. Along with our four major releases each year (with a service pack release for each volume), you can update your products weekly through our weekly NuGet release.
Essential Studio for .NET MAUI: 2023 Volume 1
This will be the first major release of the year, which we’re currently scheduling for the end of March:
- Masked Entry: A custom entry control used to restrict input values to certain types of characters and numbers using mask characters or regex.
- Popup: An alert dialog or pop-up that can be displayed in a desired position.
- Shimmer: Used to improve the perceived responsiveness of an app by showing a shimmer effect when data is being loaded in the background.
Essential Studio for .NET MAUI: 2023 Volume 2
This will be the second major release of the year, which we’re tentatively scheduling for the end of June:
- Accordion: A vertical collapsible panel that provides stacked headers which can expand or collapse one or more items at a time to reveal the content associated with it.
- Chips: A feature-rich control that presents information in an interactive and customizable layout. It arranges multiple chips in a layout and groups them for easy selection.
- Image Editor: A powerful image editing component. You can easily modify images by cropping and rotating them, and you can insert text and shapes on top of them.
- Numeric Entry: An extension of the entry control, it restricts the input of numeric values. It also supports culture-based formatting. You can add up-down buttons to create a numeric up-down control, allowing users to increase or decrease a numeric value using increment and decrement buttons.
Essential Studio for .NET MAUI: 2023 Volume 3
This will be the third major release of 2023, coming to you at the end of September:
- Button: A custom button control. It has several built-in features such as UI customization, support for icons, pre-defined styles, toggle states, corner edge radii, and customization of different visual states’ appearance using the visual state manager.
- Cards: A container control that allows you to create a dismissible card or a stack of cards where one card is visible at a time until you swipe to see the next card.
- CheckBox: A selection control that allows users to select one or more options from a list of predefined choices.
- Date Picker: A fully customizable control for picking a date.
- DateTime Picker: A fully customizable control for picking a date and time.
- Picker: An item selector control that can be opened as a dialog.
- Pull To Refresh: A panel that can be pulled to refresh data in an app either through user interaction or programmatically.
- Radio Button: A selection control that allows users to select one option from a list of predefined choices.
- Time Picker: A fully customizable control to pick a time with a smooth, touch-friendly UI experience.
- TreeView: A list view representing hierarchical data in a tree-like structure with expand and collapse node options.
Essential Studio for .NET MAUI: 2023 Volume 4
This will be the final major release of the year and can be expected around the middle of December:
- Carousel: An intuitive interface for navigating through a collection of views with and without scaling and rotation transformations.
- Chat: Also known as a conversational UI, Chat provides a modern, conversational chatbot experience.
We plan to provide a Visual Studio toolbox for the Syncfusion .NET MAUI platform to include our components in your .NET MAUI applications easily. This toolbox will allow you to effortlessly add the code for Syncfusion .NET MAUI components to your app at the appropriate place in the XAML design file.
We intend to provide Visual Studio project templates for the Syncfusion .NET MAUI platform. They will allow you to develop a Syncfusion .NET MAUI app quickly by adding NuGet packages’ required controls.
Visual theme for Syncfusion .NET MAUI controls
We also plan to provide visual theming support for all our .NET MAUI controls with a uniform approach, delivering a consistent look and feel to your apps.
Our proposed approach is key-based theming for light and dark themes, which uses a separate ResourceDictionary class for each theme and loads the resources with the DynamicResource markup extension.
Missing features in existing controls
When compared to our Xamarin controls, you may notice that some features are missing in our .NET MAUI controls.
We have already included the most significant features in the released controls. But there are some other features that still need to be included.
We are committed to providing all of the features that our customers need and will release them in the subsequent two or three releases. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to improve and expand our product offerings.
We are committed to improving the accessibility of our .NET MAUI controls to ensure that they are fully functional and easy to use for everyone. We are also actively checking the accessibility of our controls to ensure that they meet the needs of all users. Let us know if you come across something that can be improved.
DISCLAIMER: Syncfusion products are always changing. We make no representations or warranties of any kind that these features will be in this release or any future release of any Syncfusion products. Features and release builds can change without prior notice at the sole discretion of Syncfusion. The information provided in this blog is only to outline intentions and ideas for future releases. In any way, the roadmap is not a guarantee, promise, or offer to provide any product or service. Moreover, the material provided is a piece of information alone and should not be relied on, in any manner, to make any business decision.
We hope this roadmap has provided you with a clear understanding of our plans for our .NET MAUI controls in 2023. If there are any specific controls you would like to see in our future releases, please don’t hesitate to let us know by making a request. We will adjust our plans according to your feedback.
To help you migrate your app to the .NET MAUI platform, we have created exclusive migration documents for each control. These documents will guide you through the process of replacing the Xamarin.Forms controls with their .NET MAUI counterparts. We hope these resources will make it easier for you to take advantage of the new features and capabilities of .NET MAUI.
At Syncfusion, we are dedicated to building world-class products that exceed the needs and expectations of developers. Your support and feedback helped us to create market-leading Xamarin controls, and we are excited to continue this success with our .NET MAUI controls. Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm for our products!
Thanks for reading!