We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Which version should i use for .net 4.0 development?

I have a project for .net 4.0 on vs2015.

As the document on https://help.syncfusion.com/windowsforms/dotnet-framework-support-history, I tried .net v17, 16, 15 but not work. 

All the error like this.

The primary reference "Syncfusion.Grid.Base, Version=15.4460.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" could not be resolved because it has an indirect dependency on the assembly "Syncfusion.Shared.Base, Version=15.4460.0.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89" which was built against the ".NETFramework,Version=v4.6" framework. This is a higher version than the currently targeted framework ".NETFramework,Version=v4.0". WindowsFormsApplication1

What should I do?

1 Reply

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team May 28, 2019 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Customer, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We have analyzed the reported issue in our end, we found the assemblies which referred only the 4.6 version. This error occurred due to the mismatching of frame work version and Syncfusion assembly reference version. For this we suggest you to change the version of the application frame work in project file to 4.0 or use assembly reference as 15.4400.0.20. Otherwise you have to refer the dll’s that are installed in the system and the assembly details can be found from the following installed location. 

“<Installed Location>\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.4.0.20\precompiledassemblies” 

You can refer the below KB link to avoid the assembly conflicts, 

Also you can refer the below forum which provides more details about the same issue which you are faced. 

Let us know whether this helps also if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon