This blog briefly describes the latest updates rolled out in these comprehensive File-Format Libraries for the 2023 Volume 3 release.
Let’s get started!
.NET PDF Library
The Syncfusion PDF Library now supports the following enhancements:
- The new PDF-to-image converter library converts PDF documents to images without opening the document in the PDF Viewer control. It also supports various customizations, such as setting a transparent background and removing annotations from a specific page or range of pages.
- The following enhancements have been made to PDF digital signatures:
- An API to get the OCSP/CRL details from the embedded timestamp.
- Extract images from the digital signature in the PDF document.
- Users can selectively redact text within a PDF document. This means that graphics or images beneath redacted text will remain unaffected. This is particularly useful when users wish to conceal text overlaid on an image without impacting the image in any way.
- Users now have the option to eliminate document details like title, author, subject, keywords, and other metadata information.
- Users can obtain image rotation angles from the OCR processor after performing OCR on a PDF document. With this functionality, users can easily identify rotated images within the PDF and make necessary adjustments to straighten them.
- The following enhancements have been made to the HTML-to-PDF converter:
- Users can add HTML content as a header and footer.
- Users can now include their own custom CSS and JS styles while converting HTML content to PDF format.
- BlinkBinaries has been updated to version 114.0.5735.199 for Windows, Linux, and Mac devices.
- Users can recycle the browser process between conversions to improve performance during HTML-to-PDF conversion.
.NET Excel Library
The Syncfusion Excel Library now supports the following features:
- What-if analysis with a scenario manager for forecasting results. You can create scenarios with different sets of values for specific cells in a worksheet and then apply those scenarios to see how the results change.
- Threaded comments allow multiple users to add comments or reply to existing comments in an Excel worksheet. This feature is useful for collaborating on Excel documents and getting feedback from others.
- Gradient fill support for data bars in Excel-to-PDF conversion.
- Auto shapes support in Excel-to-image conversion.
.NET Word Library
Enhancements in tracked changes
The Syncfusion Word Library now allows you to compare two DOCX-format documents and highlight the changes, such as insertions, deletions, and formatting, as tracked changes. With this feature, you can easily identify the changes between two versions of a document.
.NET PowerPoint Library
Enhancements in slide-to-image conversion
The Syncfusion PowerPoint Library now allows you to convert PowerPoint slides into images based on the sequence of entrance animations applied to each element in the slide. With this feature, you can showcase the converted images as a slideshow in a custom PowerPoint viewer.
Thanks for reading! We’ve delved into the latest enhancements in Syncfusion’s File-Format Libraries included in the 2023 Volume 3 release. For a comprehensive overview of all the updates in this release, we encourage you to visit our Release Notes and What’s New pages.
Your feedback is invaluable to us, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments section below!
For current Syncfusion users, you can access the most recent version of Essential Studio on the License and Downloads page. If you’re new to Syncfusion, we offer a 30-day free trial to discover these exciting new features.