Syncfusion’s File-Format libraries are class libraries that allow you to create, read, write, and convert PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files in .NET Framework, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, UWP, Xamarin, and Flutter applications without the use of Microsoft Office or Adobe Reader.
.NET PDF Library
First, let’s see the new updates available in the Syncfusion .NET PDF Library:
- You can see the following enhancements when creating and validating PDF digital signatures:
- Improved standard for long-term-validation- (LTV) enabled signatures to pass a wide range of signature standards.
- An API to specify revocation type while signing a PDF with LTV.
- Functionalities to retrieve revocation details from a PDF.
- An API to get the revision of a digital signature from a PDF.
- The System.Drawing dependency has been replaced with Skiasharp, so now you can use the following features in Blazor WASM and Xamarin.Forms:
- Compress PDF documents.
- Redact the content of a PDF.
- TIFF-to-PDF conversion.
- Remove images in a PDF.
- Extract images in a PDF.
- Support to find and extract right-to-left (RTL) orientation text from a PDF.
.NET Excel Library
The now supports linear and radial gradient fill styles for cells and charts in Excel-to-image conversion. With this feature, the gradient fill applied in the Excel document can be preserved in the resultant image.
Refer to the following image.
.NET Word Library
The Syncfusion Word Library (DocIO) has been enhanced to improve the efficiency of converting Word documents to PDF files. These enhancements include:
- Improved rendering of rotated shapes with horizontal and vertical alignment in an input Word document.
- Improved justification algorithm to align the last line of paragraphs in Word-to-PDF conversion.
.NET PowerPoint Library
- The Syncfusion PowerPoint Library (Presentation) now supports the find functionality using regular expressions (regex) in PowerPoint presentations. Users can find a text pattern in all PowerPoint slides or a specific slide and replace or highlight it.
- The PowerPoint-to-PDF conversion has been enhanced to improve the rendering of colors from theme overrides in an input PowerPoint presentation.
Thanks for reading! In this blog, we’ve seen the new updates in Syncfusion File-Format libraries for the 2023 Volume 2 release. Please refer to our Release Notes and What’s New pages to see the other updates in this release. We welcome your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment below!