We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDF Form Fields - Font size is inconsistent with size when editing the form with Adobe Reader

I have a number of PDF forms that we are autofilling in our application. The font size of the text end up being too large and the characters get clipped after I've filled the form using Syncfusion. If I open up the PDF with Acrobat Reader and edit the text fields, the text is resized to the appropriate size. Am I missing a step in filling out the form fields? I've just been setting the text value. Is there something else that I need to do to get the font to be sized correctly?

19 Replies

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 1, 2008 07:28 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

Font size is inconsistent with size.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1. Load the PDF document
1. Fill the text field
2. Save the PDF document

I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/Pdf_Window_F76291_aaa38372.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the PDF document so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Suba

CK Chad Knudson September 4, 2008 03:05 AM UTC

I have attached a ZIP file with a sample PDF document and two graphic images taken from screenshots showing the larger and smaller text sizes in the form field.

In the PDF document, scroll to the top of Page #3 and look at the blank in the document where there is an underline after the word "between" -- the text in the blank is "Northern Auto Traders". Now click in the form field to edit it -- notice how the size of the text is smaller. If you do not change the text, it will revert back to the large size. If you edit the text, say for example add a space at the end of it, the text will stay the smaller size.

I need to know what size this text is going to be so that my resulting documents can be utilized. Right now the text in the blanks ends up being too large and the characters get clipped (see the bottom of Page #6 in the attached PDF sample for an example of this.) Go into the blanks and add a space at the end of the text and the size of the font is corrected and it displays and prints properly.

You can reach me at (701)356-5512 if you have any questions.

Chad

>Hi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

I am afraid that I was not able to reproduce the issue. Please refer to the following steps that I tried to reproduce it.

1. Load the PDF document
1. Fill the text field
2. Save the PDF document

I have created a simple sample to test this issue and it is available in the following link.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/Pdf_Window_F76291_aaa38372.zip

Please have a look at the above sample and if still the issue exists, could you please try reproducing it in the above sample or send us the PDF document so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

Regards,
Suba

PDFTextSizeIssue_a5a088b6.zip

CK Chad Knudson September 4, 2008 03:33 AM UTC

I should note that the text fields font size is set to Autosize in Adobe. When you make changes to the content of the text from within the Adobe Reader, the font size is automatically adjusted. When I fill in the form fields with Syncfusion, the size isn't getting automatically adjusted.

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 4, 2008 11:59 AM UTC

Hi,

I deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

The size is not automatically adjusted when we filled the PDF form fields

We have forwarded the mentioned issue to our developer for further analysis. We will update you with more details in two business day.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Suba

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 8, 2008 12:34 PM UTC

Hi,

I regret for the delay in getting back with you.

The size is not automatically adjusted when we filled the PDF form fields

The issue has been confirmed as a defect and we have logged a defect report. And the issue is not getting reproduced in the other document which were created using our library. We have reported this to our developers for more analysis We will update you once we get back with them.

Please let me know if you need any information.

Regards,
Suba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 18, 2008 04:00 PM UTC

Hello,

Has any more analysis been done here? Are there any known workarounds?

I am having the same problem with the formatting not being updated, though I am not using the 'auto' size. I have a specific size and font chosen and when the pdf is opened after the fields have been filled (by syncfusion) different formatting has been applied to the fields.

The 'different' formatting is displayed in both Adobe Acrobat (reader and pro) and Foxit Reader. In Acrobat Pro if I click on the incorrectly displayed field, go to the properties and change any of the values (even if I simply re-select the currently selected value) and then press ok the field will be updated and displayed correctly.

A solution would be very much appreciated ..... Creating the fields in syncfusion (rather then filling the already created fields) does not work in this case.

Thanks for your time,
Tyler

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 19, 2008 08:37 AM UTC

Hi Tyler,

I regret for the long delay in getting back with you.

The issue is resolved when we read the generated document by Adobe 8.1. Could you please try the below sample and let me know if this helps you,

Sample
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/Pdf_Window_F76291_340d93ab.zip

ScreenShot
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/uploads/sshot-1_3b09ffba.zip

If still the issue exists, could you please update me with the below details so that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you a solution?

1) Which version of Adobe you are using?
2) Please update me the Pdf.Base version number.

Regards,
Suba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2008 08:48 PM UTC

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate your time.

If you could, please run your solution (Pdf_Window_F76291_340d93ab.zip) BUT make the "DealerName" field read-only. This should help to show you the issue I am now facing (also see attached screen shot). By examining your solution I am now importing the pages from the pdfloadeddocument into a pdfdocument, and then saving that pdfdocument as my new file (previously I was making the changes to the pdfloadeddocumnet and saving that to a new file). This work around has solved my problem for the 'non read-only' fields. However, the majority of the fields I am filling are read only, and they are now appearing blank (as they do in the template) until I click on them in my filled (new) document. With the supplied pdf file, as the field already has a value, the filled field shows the old value (and font + size) until it is selected, at which time it displays the correct value (formatted correctly as well). Using syncfusion to change the field to read-only after filling the value, or even reopening it in syncfusion after it is saved and then marking all the fields readonly does not work (for my application, it is also not practical).

The pdf is displayed incorrectly in Adobe Acrobat Pro versions 7, 7 3D, 8 and 8 3D (including 8.1.2 3D), and is also problematic in Reader versions 7 and 8. Foxit also displays the filled pdf fields incorrectly.

Thank you once again for your time,
Tyler

pdfDisplayProblem_966df846.zip

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team September 22, 2008 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Tyler,

I deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

Readonly FormField Issue

We have noticed our development team regarding this issue. We will update you once we get back with them.

Thank you for being patience.

Regards,
Suba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 16, 2008 04:06 PM UTC

Have you made any progress?

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team October 17, 2008 12:49 PM UTC

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back with you.

Readonly FormField Issue
This feature will be available with our next refresh release following our main release on this week. Please let me know if you need any information.

Regards,
Suba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 20, 2008 10:12 PM UTC

Ok, thanks .... So 6.4.0.14 has this fixed, or the next update to 6.3.1.8 has this fixed? Or both????

Thanks.

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team October 21, 2008 05:37 AM UTC

Hi,

The feature will be available with our next refreshment release following to the major release v6.4.0.14. The v6.4.0.14 and the v6.3.1.8 does not include the fix.

Regards,
Suba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 21, 2008 06:57 PM UTC

Thanks,

When will your "next refreshment release" be available?

SS Sri Subhashini M Syncfusion Team October 22, 2008 09:01 AM UTC

Hi,

We normally do refreshment build exactly after a month of our major release. We had our latest major release on 22th October 2008. So we are expecting our refreshment build to be available by the end of the next month.

Regards,
Suba

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 3, 2008 06:37 PM UTC

Hello,

I just thought I would follow up and see if you had an updated timeline for a when a release containing this bug fix would be made.

Thanks,
Tyler

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team December 4, 2008 11:57 AM UTC

Hi Tyler,

I regret for the delay.

The issue of PDF allows to edit readonly form fields has been fixed internally. The fix will be available for download in our next weekly development build. If you need an early fix please create a direct trac incident with the forum id as subject so that we could send you the assemblies.

Please let me know if you have any difficulties.

Regards,
Geetha

MM Mfalhi Mohammed replied to Sri Subhashini M February 20, 2018 05:44 PM UTC

Hi,

We normally do refreshment build exactly after a month of our major release. We had our latest major release on 22th October 2008. So we are expecting our refreshment build to be available by the end of the next month.

Regards,
Suba

SP Sathya Ponnusamy Syncfusion Team February 21, 2018 07:45 AM UTC

Hi Mfalhi, 

Thank you for your update. 

You can upgrade your Essential studio version from the below link,   

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.   

Regards, 
Sathya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon