We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to group a column in the actual order without sorting the data in SfDataGrid?

How can I group a column in the actual order without sorting the data in SfDataGrid?

I can find article regarding the same Xamarin.Forms https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/7852/how-to-group-a-column-in-the-actual-order-without-sorting-the-data-in-sfdatagrid but I cannot get it to work for WinUI.

1 Reply 1 reply marked as answer

DM Dhanasekar Mohanraj Syncfusion Team March 13, 2023 01:49 PM UTC

Hi Phil,

Your requirement to “Group a column in the actual order without sorting the data” will be achievable by removing the grouped columns from the SortDescriptions shown below,

this.sfDataGrid.Loaded += OnSfDataGridLoaded;

private void OnSfDataGridLoaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

this.sfDataGrid.View.CurrentChanged += OnCurrentVoewChanged;

}

private void OnCurrentVoewChanged(object sender, object e)

{

// Get the grouped column

var groupColumn = sfDataGrid.View.SortDescriptions.FirstOrDefault(x => x.PropertyName == "CustomerID");

// Remove the grouped column from the SortDescriptions

if (sfDataGrid.SortColumnDescriptions.FirstOrDefault(x => x.ColumnName == "CustomerID") != null)

sfDataGrid.View.SortDescriptions.Remove(groupColumn);

}

Here we have prepared the sample for your reference, please have a look at this.

Regards,

Dhanasekar M.

If this post is helpful, please consider Accepting it as the solution so that other members can locate it more quickly.

Attachment: SfDataGrid_WinUI_5adafb36.zip

Marked as answer
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon