We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add SignatureType on to Draw to the PdfSignatureField or when pdf loads

Hi All,

We want to be able to sign a pdf when selecting a SignatureField on the PdfViewer but only shows the Draw option, not the TYPE or UPLOAD option, and we don't know how to add it, either on the PDFSignatureField when creating the document or when loading as SignatureType.Draw.

Also, we notice that once we sign and click on the button Create, the signature field stays selected and we have to click on the page to unselected.

Also, when we deployed the project and we access with an Android Tablet, the tablet keyboard shows up, we wanted to know how we can disable that on the PdfViewer? Maybe the option one that not allow use the TYPE option will take care of that?

Thanks for all your hard work,

14 Replies

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team February 3, 2023 02:31 PM UTC

Kindly find the response.

Query

Response

1. We want to be able to sign a pdf when selecting a SignatureField on the PdfViewer but only shows the Draw option, not the TYPE or UPLOAD option, and we don't know how to add it, either on the PDFSignatureField when creating the document or when loading as SignatureType.Draw.

We suspect that you have checked with the hand-written signature instead of signature field.

The PDF Viewer has the support only to draw in the hand-written signature.

In signature fields (form field) you can draw, type and upload images, if the document already contains signature fields.

Attaxhed the image for your reference.

Kindly find the online demo link - https://blazor.syncfusion.com/demos/pdf-viewer/form-filling?theme=fluent

1. Also, we notice that once we sign and click on the button Create, the signature field stays selected and we have to click on the page to unselected.

Yes, it is the behavior of a hand-written signature and you have to click on the page to get it selected.

The signature field will suit your requirement.

1. Also, when we deployed the project and we access with an Android Tablet, the tablet keyboard shows up, we wanted to know how we can disable that on the PdfViewer? Maybe the option one that not allow use the TYPE option will take care of that?

The tablet keyboard will show up only if a text box or any input form field is active. 

Please check if any field is active. If no active field and still the keypad is appearing, then share us a video screen capture to understand the scenario.

LC Luis Campuzano replied to Visvesvar Venkatesan February 3, 2023 05:23 PM UTC

Hi Visvesvar Venkatesan ,

To answer your response,

1. I don't want to use the hand-written signature, I want to only use the Draw option (see your screenshot) not the Type or Upload when clicking on the Signature Field, yes, I want to continue using the signature field from the Form Field
  2. again, using the Signature field, once we click Create on the Signature Pad, how can we make the field unselected and focus on the Page not on the Hand-written signature (or the InkAnnotation)
  3. In my case, it happens when I click on the SignatureField, I don't have an input field on the pdf document, I think since the signature Pad has the TYPE option, that is why it is showing, again, will be great if we can take it out from the options at the time of signing on the signature pad.

Thanks for all your help

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team February 7, 2023 05:27 PM UTC

Thank you for your update.

Query

Response

1. I don't want to use the hand-written signature, I want to only use the Draw option (see your screenshot) not the Type or Upload when clicking on the Signature Field, yes, I want to continue using the signature field from the Form Field

We can achieve your requirement of only draw signature should appear if we click the form field.

Kindly find the API LINK  and code snippet below.

API Link - https://help.syncfusion.com/cr/blazor/Syncfusion.Blazor.PdfViewer.PdfViewerSignatureDialogSettings.html

Code Snippet:

<div class="control-section">

<SfPdfViewerServer      DocumentPath="@DocumentPath"  Height="640px"   Width="100%">

<PdfViewerHandwrittenSignatureSettings SignatureDialogSettings="@signature"></PdfViewerHandwrittenSignatureSettings>

</SfPdfViewerServer>

</div>

@code {

private string DocumentPath { get; set; } = "wwwroot/Data/FormFillingDocumentAdobe.pdf";

public SfPdfViewerServer PdfViewer { get; set; }

PdfViewerSignatureDialogSettings signature = new PdfViewerSignatureDialogSettings()

{

DisplayMode = DisplayMode.Draw,

};

}

We have also provided a sample below.

Sample - https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/LOAD_Sample_-_draw_signature_dialog_alone1792106155.zip

1. again, using the Signature field, once we click Create on the Signature Pad, how can we make the field unselected and focus on the Page not on the Hand-written signature (or the InkAnnotation)

After adding the signature to the signature pad the signature gets selected and to unselect the signature we have to click on the page to get signature unselected.

Kindly let us know if you have any concerns.

1. In my case, it happens when I click on the SignatureField, I don't have an input field on the pdf document, I think since the signature Pad has the TYPE option, that is why it is showing, again, will be great if we can take it out from the options at the time of signing on the signature pad.

Now we have suppressed the type and upload signature and the keypad signature will not occur now.

Kindly let us know if you have any concerns.

LC Luis Campuzano replied to Visvesvar Venkatesan February 9, 2023 02:31 PM UTC

Hi  Visvesvar Venkatesan

From the response:

1. This is working, I only can see the DRAW tab, thank you so much for your help.
    Question: how can we change the color of the signature, try to add StrokeColor under the same Settings and didn't work
  2. About this, I just want to not press on the page to get the signature unselected, is any way to do it automatically?
  3.  Since we took out the Type, I don't see the Keyboard, however, once the signature is selected after signing (what happens on number 2) , the keyboard is showing up again, how can we stop the keyboard for showing up?

Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team February 14, 2023 12:54 PM UTC

Query

Response

1. How can we change the color of the signature, try to add StrokeColor under the same Settings and didn't work

Sorry, there is no support to set the stroke color for signature settings.

1. About this, I just want to not press on the page to get the signature unselected, is any way to do it automatically?

We can achieve your requirement using Add signature settings. We have provided the code snippet and the sample below.

Code snippet:

<SfPdfViewerServer @ref="viewerInstance" IsSignatureEditable="true" DocumentPath="@DocumentPath" Height="640px" Width="100%">

<PdfViewerEvents AddSignature="addSignature"></PdfViewerEvents>

</SfPdfViewerServer>

private async void addSignature(AddSignatureEventArgs args)

{

Thread.Sleep(100);

await viewerInstance.ClearSelectionAsync();

}

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/LOAD_Sample_-_draw_signature_dialog_alone1792106155-1501855576.zip

1. Since we took out the Type, I don't see the Keyboard, however, once the signature is selected after signing (what happens on number 2 , the keyboard is showing up again, how can we stop the keyboard for showing up?

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue with the provided details. We have shared the sample in which we have tried to reproduce the issue in the below link,

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/LOAD_Sample_-_draw_signature_dialog_alone1792106155-1501855576.zip

We have attached the screen recording video below.

Video: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/Signature_key_pad_in_mobile_device859676486.zip

We did not find any keyboard or keypad on the second click.

Try this sample and revert to us with the following details, if you have any concerns about this.

• Modified sample or share the sample in which the issue is reproduced.
  • Code snippet
  • Replicate procedure
  • Conform the client and server-side packages are the latest one

This will be helpful for us to analyze further and provide the details.

Kindly try this and let us know if you have any concerns.

LC Luis Campuzano February 17, 2023 04:06 PM UTC

Hi All,

Thank you for your response, still have some issues:

On Issue number 2: the Signature Annotation works but what I want is to the Signaturefield not be selected, and lose focus not the annotation.

On Issue number 3, still happening when selecting the SignatureField and the Signature pad shows up the keyboard shows up and then dissapears but once it finish since the SignatureField is selected the keyboard shows again.

See attachments for Project 

Attachment: SignatureFieldStillShowingKeyboard_faf99500.zip

LC Luis Campuzano February 17, 2023 04:09 PM UTC

I'm adding a video since I couldn't add multiples zip files

Attachment: ShowingKeyboardVideo_6d70bdad.zip

LC Luis Campuzano February 23, 2023 01:23 PM UTC

Hello,

Any luck finding out what is the issue?

Thanks,

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team February 24, 2023 08:23 PM UTC

Query

Response

On Issue number 2: the Signature Annotation works but what I want is to the Signaturefield not be selected, and lose focus not the annotation.

Currently, there is no support to further achieve your requirement. We have already provided the workaround of added signature getting selected and unselected automatically.

On Issue number 3, still happening when selecting the SignatureField and the Signature pad shows up the keyboard shows up and then dissapears but once it finish since the SignatureField is selected the keyboard shows again.

We were unable to replicate the issue on our mobile device. We suspect the issue might be due to various configurations of the mobile device.                                                

Can you kindly provide your mobile device details in which you are replicating the scenario?

It will help us to analyze further and provide more details.

LC Luis Campuzano February 24, 2023 09:21 PM UTC

Hi, 

Did you see the video and the Project that I uploaded? The Tables is a Galaxy Tab7 - Model Number SM-T500

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team February 27, 2023 06:55 AM UTC

Thank you for your update.

We were able to replicate the reported behavior "Keyboard shows up when selecting the signature field or adding the signature in the field" and will analyze it further and provide more details within two business days.

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team March 2, 2023 01:05 PM UTC

We have confirmed that the reported issue “Keyboard shows up when selecting the signature field or adding the signature in the field” is a defect and logged the defect reported for the same. The fix for the issue will be included in our upcoming weekly NuGet release on March 15, 2023. You can track the status using the below feedback link.

Feedback link :  Keyboard is shown up when signature is added in signature field or field is clicked | Issue feedback

Disclaimer: “Inclusion of this solution in the weekly release may change due to other factors including but not limited to QA checks and works reprioritization.”

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team March 15, 2023 03:37 PM UTC

We have planned to release the " Keyboard shows up when selecting the signature field or adding the signature in the field" implementation in volume release and volume release is scheduled to be released by next week or by the end of this month. 

Appreciate your patience till the volume release.

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team March 24, 2023 03:51 PM UTC

Hi Luis,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2023 Volume 1 release v21.1.35 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

Essential Studio 2023 Volume 1 Main Release v21.1.35 is available for download | Announcements Forums | Syncfusion

We have fixed the issue "Keyboard shows up when selecting the signature field or adding the signature in the field" and has been fixed in the volume release. 

Feedback:  Provide support to save the Type and Upload signature using the save signature option in the dialog box | Feature Feedback

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,          

Visvesvar K V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon