We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error on IIS and General Questions

Hello everyone,,
i installed dashboard server on my Azure Windows Server 2012. But in the utilities folder i opened DashboardserverIIS.exe but it doesn't prompted for the port no as per your documentation. Any idea?

Link to error image: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1E_KE7lUCdOXzUtS01IcTU4Rm8

Some more general questions:
1) In dashboard custom branding i cannot remove the custom branding on Footer. How can i do that?
2) How can i achieve Oauth like signup for custom dashboard for each user using Facebook or google.
3) I dont want to try raw VM's on Azure. Is there a way to try Webapp or webrole with IIS so that i dont need to manage everything. If so how?
4) How can i automate custom dashboard for each of my customer based on each customer data.
5) I have plans to provide predictive analytics solutions to my customers and how can i achieve that, Using UI controls like ASP.NET MVC controls or by Dashboard Platform? + using R studio .I am confused in this.

I have essential studio and plus license.

Thanks.

1 Reply

AB Arasuraja Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 10:02 AM UTC

Hi Humanjo, 

Please find the responses below, 

Query 
Response 
i installed dashboard server on my Azure Windows Server 2012. But in the utilities folder i opened DashboardserverIIS.exe but it doesn't prompted for the port no as per your documentation. Any idea? 
Could you please confirm whether you have enabled the IIS features in the below link in your Azure Windows Server 2012?  
If not, Please enable it and try to deploy the Dashboard Server in IIS 
1) In dashboard custom branding i cannot remove the custom branding on Footer. How can i do that? 

Yes, you can remove the Copyright and Powered by information from footer by following the below help documentation, 
2) How can i achieve Oauth like signup for custom dashboard for each user using Facebook or google. 
We don’t have OAuth login support in Dashboard Platform. The Dashboard Platform was moved as a legacy product, and we are continue to support it. So, further feature implementation will be done in Bold BI platform.  

We already have started to implement OAuth support in Bold BI on-premise and expected to be included in our upcoming release. 
3) I dont want to try raw VM's on Azure. Is there a way to try Webapp or webrole with IIS so that i dont need to manage everything. If so how? 
Yes, we have support to deploy the Dashboard Server as Azure app service. You can follow the steps in the below help documentation to deploy the app service using template deployment, 
4) How can i automate custom dashboard for each of my customer based on each customer data. 
If each customer has separate database, then you have to create data sources for each user and assign the same to them by following the steps in the below link, 
This will assign the data sources dynamically during rendering the Dashboard. 

Also, if all the customer data will be present in the single database and you need the row level filter to the each user, then you have to configure the user based filter during the designing time in desktop Dashboard Designer. Please refer the below help documentation to achieve this, 
5) I have plans to provide predictive analytics solutions to my customers and how can i achieve that, Using UI controls like ASP.NET MVC controls or by Dashboard Platform? + using R studio .I am confused in this. 
Could you please elaborate your requirement? So that we can provide the appropriate solution on it. 

We cannot integrate R studio directly in our Bold BI.   
  1. You have to create ML model in R script with your data and export it as PMML file using R script.
  2. Using Syncfusion PMML library in C#, you can predict output against the input with your exported PMML file.
  3. After PMML execution, the result will be moved to SQL which can be created as data source in our Bold BI to visualize the predicted result. 

Thanks, 
Arasuraja B 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon