We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issues with OnBoarding

Hi to all,
I'm trying to use OnBoarding but I'm getting some issues:
1-Compilation errors like:
...cannot convert from 'MyPrj.Views.Onboarding.OnBoardingAnimationPage' to 'Xamarin.Forms.Page' (CS1503) (MyPrj)
... Error CS0103: The name 'InitializeComponent' does not exist in the current context (CS0103) (XamarinHolidayChallenge)

This is the code in the OnBoarding class:
    [Preserve(AllMembers = true)]
    [XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)]
    public partial class OnBoardingAnimationPage 
    {
        /// <summary>
        /// Initializes a new instance of the <see cref="OnBoardingAnimationPage" /> class.
        /// </summary>
        public OnBoardingAnimationPage()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }
    }

I tried to inherit from ContentPage to solve these issues, application compile and run but I don't see anything (don't show anything) in the simulator. 

Any help?
Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team December 16, 2019 01:16 PM UTC

Hi Hipolito, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect your issue is caused due to the lower version of Xamarin.Forms NuGet package. So please update to the Xamarin.Forms version 4.0.0.425677 or greater. Also, we have prepared a sample with an Onboarding screen. Please find the sample from the below location. 

If you are facing any issues with the above sample, please revert us with the following information which is helpful to serve you better.   
·       Syncfusion Nuget Version 
·       Visual Studio Version 
·       Xamarin.Forms & Xamarin.Android version 
·       Deploying device 
·       Modified sampe 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

HI Hipólito December 16, 2019 02:12 PM UTC

Thanks Yuvaraj,
Sample works successfully. I tested with Xamarin Form 4.2.0.x and with latest 4.4.0.991265

I did reproduce the problem and appears this issue happen when I add other form from UI Essential Kit, if I use only one project compile and work successfully:
-New Solution -> Blank Form (in this point Xamarin Forms Version is 4.2.0.x)
-Essential UI Kit for Xamarin Forms -> I choose OnBoarding and check Walk-through Page -> Add
-In this point I can compile and show up the form correctly

-I updated Xamarin Forms to 4.4.0.991265
-Compile and run successfully.

-Then Essential UI Kit for Xamarin Forms -> I choose Forms and check Simple Login Page -> Add
-After this if I try to compile I got the error: Error CS0103: The name 'InitializeComponent' does not exist in the current context (CS0103)

Happen the same if I add first Login Page and then OnBoarding

Syncfusion version is 17.3.0.34 
UKit 1.0.0.0
Visual Studio for Mac Community (8.3.11).

What can I do?

Regards.

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team December 17, 2019 01:53 PM UTC

We suspect this issue is caused by a bug in Visual Studio for MAC. Please refer the below link for that issue in Visual Studio for MAC forum.  
We have already documented the same with the below link in ‘TroubleShooting’ section. 
To work-around this issue until the issue is resolved in the Visual Studio for MAC, we must remove some XML tags manually from the .NET Standard project file. Please refer the following screenshot for the same. We must delete any relevant tags like the one in the below.  

Please try this and let us know whether this helps. So that we can proceed further in this.  

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

HI Hipólito December 17, 2019 03:08 PM UTC

Thanks a lot Yuvaraj,
With your recommendation I was able to solve this issue.

Regards.

YP Yuvaraj Palanisamy Syncfusion Team December 18, 2019 04:32 AM UTC

Hi Hipolito, 

Thank you for your update. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon