We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Handling DataManager errors

I'm using the WebApiAdaptor to obtain my data from the server for the grid.  I have that working perfectly.  My question is how can I trap and display any errors returned from the API?  I've tried using the GridEvents OnActionFailure, but the FailureEventArgs don't return any part of the error response from the API.  Is there a specific response type that needs to be returned from the server on error from the API to be captured correctly by OnActionFailure and FailureEventArgs?

2 Replies

AS ashimaz December 5, 2019 01:44 PM UTC

Please try...

public void ActionFailure(Syncfusion.EJ2.Blazor.Grids.FailureEventArgs args)
{
     if (args.Error == null) return;
     Console.WriteLine(args.Error);
}

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team December 5, 2019 01:52 PM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We are able to reproduce the reported problem from our side. We have confirmed this as a defect and logged a defect report for the same. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue “FailureEventArgs does not contain the error message thrown from server” and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our Volume 4 SP1, 2019 release.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon