We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Store blobs in an account-specific folder with AzureFileProvider

Hi, I'm using your Syncfusion.EJ2.FileManager.AzureFileProvider.AspNet.Core project with the Angular FileManager to let users upload and manage files.  The users will be customers with various companies and I need to only show a user files that are associated with their company and not other companies. I would like to have one top level container since we have other containers we use for other types of data.  So I'm looking for a structure that is something like this: <containerName>/<companyName>/Files/ where all their files can be stored.  But I only want them to see "Files" as the top level folder in FileManager.  How can I accomplish this with your AzureFileProvider?  I don't even really see the purpose of blobPath in your code.  It doesn't seem to be used for folder structure or anything else.  I'm setting <--blobPath--> (also startPath) to the companyName and <--filePath--> (also originalPath) to "Files".  Then in FileManager I do see "Files" as the top level folder, but users from any Company are able to see all folders, even those uploaded by a different Company. Thanks! 

1 Reply

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 26, 2019 12:57 PM UTC

Hi Brian Crawford, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support.  

We have checked your reported query that folder is accessed by all users. In file manager component, we have provided support for access control for physical file provider. Using access control, you can prevent the permission of user based on the role. Refer the sample link below. 

Note: Run the local service, refer the local host URL in file manager sample 

Unfortunately, we have not provided an access control support for Azure file provider. However, we might consider this as a feature from our end. This feature will be included in any one of our upcoming releases. Generally, we will plan the feature implementation based on feature rank, Wishlist plan and customer request count for some feature. Please be patience, until then. Track the below link for feature status. 

Please let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon