We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dragging appointments to group resource is behaving weird

So, for my schedule i want to disallow dragging appointments to group-resources.
My schedule is behaving weird: When I drag and drop an appointment on a resource-group sometimes the text in the appointment is removed/shifted, other times the appointment is reverted correctly. I looked at the actions called, and it seems that ActionBegin for appointmentDrag is called correctly everytime, but ActionComplete is not.

I made a test project (attached) and this is what I experience:

1) The initial schedule

2) Dragging the appointment to ROOM1, Wednesday, 3 times. Notice the log on the right hand side: OnActionBegin with type appointmentDrag is called 3 times, OnActionComplete is never called. Also notice that the appointment is actually getting smaller (height-wise).

3) Dragging the appointment to ROOM1, Wednesday, 3 times (again). OnActionComplete has still not been called, and the appointment is almost gone from the schedule.

4) I then started dragging the appointment around to different days, on the group-resource and got some seemingly random calls to OnActionComplete:

These are the functions set up for the schedule:

function OnActionComplete(args) {
        console.debug("OnActionComplete: " + args.requestType);
    }

function OnActionBegin(args) {
        console.debug("OnActionBegin: " + args.requestType);
    }

function OnDragStop(args) {
        args.cancel = true;        
    }

4 Replies

TW Toke Wivelsted November 20, 2019 11:46 AM UTC

Here is the test project, using syncfusion 17.3.0.26

Attachment: Sample_4a86f43a.zip

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 21, 2019 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Toke, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We could reproduce the reported issue and logged the below bug report and fix will be included in our upcoming Volume 4 release which is expected to roll out by mid of December 2019.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

TW Toke Wivelsted replied to Vinitha Devi Murugan November 25, 2019 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Toke, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We could reproduce the reported issue and logged the below bug report and fix will be included in our upcoming Volume 4 release which is expected to roll out by mid of December 2019.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Has this bug been filed properly? I cannot access the link mentioned, and I cannot find the bug report on https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 26, 2019 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Toke, 

Sorry for the inconvenience 

In the below portal link the id is not mapped which could be the cause and now the id is updated and marked as public. Please check now and revert for further assistance. 

Regards, 
M.Vintiha devi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon