We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Issue Selecting Row DataGrid

Hi,
I Updated Syncfusion to the latest version, but every time I select an item on the grid a spinning cirle appears on the grid and I can't use it anymore.

6 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Elio,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion forums. 

Query: “but every time I select an item on the grid a spinning circle appears on the grid 

To replicate the reported issue, we have prepared a server side Blazor application using our latest Nuget package (17.3.0.26-beta). In that we have rendered EjsGrid with selection events like RowSelected, RowSelecting, OnToolbarClick and we are not able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. Kindly download the sample from below  

If you are still facing the issue, kindly get back to us with following details.   

1. Share the Grid rendering code example
  2. Share the screenshot of script error in console window (if any)
  3. Share your Syncfusion Nuget package.
  4. If possible try to reproduce the reported issue in provided sample.   

Requested details will be helpful for us to validate the reported issue at our end and provide the solution as early as possible. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan 

EL Elio November 7, 2019 09:14 AM UTC

Hi,
Probably the issue is caused by OnActionComplete in GridEvents

<GridEvents OnActionComplete="ActionComplete" RowDeselected="DeSelectHandler" RowSelected="SelectHandler" RowSelecting="SelectingHandler" OnToolbarClick="ToolbarHandler" TValue="Order"></GridEvents>

Every time I select an item OnActionComplete runs in Loop

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 08:26 AM UTC

Hi Elio, 

We would like to inform you that, the “OnActionComplete” event won’t be triggered when selecting a record in Grid. This event will be triggered when you perform single click editing action in Grid, like call the “StartEdit” method of Grid in “RowSelected” event to perform single click editing in Grid. We have checked with this scenario, and we could not reproduce the reported problem, no spinner is shown spinning in Grid. We are attaching the sample for your convenience. Please download the sample from the link below, 

Note : And also if you are doing editing, then we suggest you to ensure to set “IsPrimaryKey” for a unique value column in Grid. 

We need more details to further proceed on this and provide you a solution as early as possible. Share with us the following details for better assistance. 
  1. Share the sample which you have tried form your side.
  2. Share the exact scenario or proper replication procedure.
  3. Share the details of script error if any occurred in the console.
  4. Share the details of Syncfusion version you are using.

The provided information will help us analyze the problem, and provide you a solution as early as possible. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

EL Elio November 10, 2019 10:25 AM UTC

Hi,
I replicated the issue on your project.
The issue happens when I use  GridSearchSetting. Am I using it wrong?

Attachment: BlazorApp_30ff3bd0.zip

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 13, 2019 01:10 PM UTC

Hi Elio, 

Thanks for your update. 

We are able to reproduce the reported problem. Currently we are validating this problem from our side, we will update you the further details on 15th November 2019.  

Until then we appreciate your patience.    

Regards,  
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 19, 2019 06:38 AM UTC

Hi Elio, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have confirmed this as an issue “Problem with initial searching in "OnActionComplete" bound Grid” and logged a defect report for the same. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our subsequent bi-weekly nuget releases which is expected to be rolled out on or before 30th November 2019.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Until then we suggest you to use the below codes to overcome the problem you are facing. Please define the Fields property of GridSearchSettings as like the below code. 

<EjsGrid @ref="GridInstance" DataSource="@Orders" AllowPaging="true" Toolbar="@(new List<string>() { "Search"})"> 
   <GridEvents OnActionComplete="OnActionComplete" ... TValue="Order"></GridEvents> 
    <GridSearchSettings Fields="@SearchField" Operator="Operator.Contains" IgnoreCase="true"></GridSearchSettings> 
</EjsGrid> 

@code{ 
    EjsGrid<Order> GridInstance; 
    public List<Order> Orders { get; set; } 
    public string[] SearchField = new string[] { "OrderID" }; 
} 

We have also modified the sample, please download the sample from the link below, 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon