We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Using Xamarin.Forms SfDataGrid in WPF-Project

Hello Support,

I have built a custom component which includes Your "SfDataGrid" in the .NetStandard 2.0 class library of a Xamarin.Forms project. With all the mentioned things in Your documentation it works perfectly under "iOS", "UWP" and "Android". Since there is the possibility to use Xamarin.Forms also together with WPF I am trying now to make it work there either. But when starting the application it crashes as soon as I try to get to the ContentPage where the component is placed in. I get the following error message: "System.ArgumentException: Breite und Höhe dürfen keine negative Zahl sein." [Width and height mustn't a negative number] You can find a screenshot of the message attached.

Are there any special settings I have to look out for? Is it already supported for WPF? Or may I have to use the specific "SfGrid.WPF" not beeing able to work with my non platform specific component I wrote?

Project information (.NetStandard 2.0):
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfListView (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfAutoComplete (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Licensing (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfDataGrid (17.3.0.17)
- Xamarin.Forms (4.1.0.673156)

Project information (WPF):
- Syncfusion.Licensing (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.Compression (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.Core (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.DataGridExport (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.GridCommon (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.Pdf (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfCombobox (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfDataGrid (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfNumericTextBox (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfPicker (17.3.0.17)
- Syncfusion.Xamarin.XlsIO (17.3.0.17)
- Xamarin.Forms (4.1.0.673156)
- Xamarin.Forms.Platform.WPF (4.1.0.673156)

Would be glad to hear from You soon. If there are any further information needed, feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Julian

Attachment: 2019_11_SfDataGrid_Error_WPF_573a1387.rar

3 Replies

BS Balasubramani Sundaram Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 01:28 PM UTC

Hi Julian,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.   

In mentioned controls, for SfListView already we have provided the WPF Support and in SfDataGrid we have already logged a feature request for the WPF support and in SfAutoComplete still not yet planned to provide the support. 

Please refer the below link. 

SfListView  

SfDataGrid  

We have logged a feature request “WPF platform support for Xamarin.Forms DataGrid” for the same and we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.    

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.   

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts.   

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.    

Note: The provided feedback link is private, and you need to login to view this feedback.  

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count.  

Regards,   
Balasubramani Sundaram. 

JU Julian November 5, 2019 08:29 PM UTC

Hi Balasubramani Sundaram,

thanks for the fast and informative response :)

I will keep my eyes open for any updates on this topic.

Kind regards,

Julian

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team November 6, 2019 05:35 AM UTC

Hi Julian, 

Thank you for your update. 

As we promised earlier we will implement your requested feature “WPF platform support for Xamarin.Forms DataGrid” in any of our upcoming releases. We will let you know once it will implement and roll out. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon