We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid Aggregate Sum only current page data NOT all data

Hi,

I face the problem when I enable paging in Grid. The aggregation only group and sum data at the current page, not all records in the data source ie. total
I used blazor version 17.3.18.

Regards,
MaTaO

12 Replies

RS Renjith Singh Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 12:53 PM UTC

Hi MaTaO,  

Greetings from Syncfusion support.  

Query: “ The aggregation only group and sum data at the current page, not all records in the data source 

We understand that you want to display the total grouped count in aggregates based on the total records in a dataSource. Currently we do not have support for your requirement. We need some more details to analyze the feasibility in implementing this requirement. So kindly share the details about your grid data source details such as screenshot or code example. 

Regards, 
Renjith Singh Rajendran. 

MA MaTaO November 7, 2019 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Renjith,

Here is the screenshots base on Syncfusion.

page 1

page 2 

As you can see the group named "Condiments" has a total of 11 items in the data source that stay on a different page but the information in the aggregate template is the value of its page not the value of data source aggregation. What I want is an option to aggregate from the data source, not the page. Then display on the aggregation template. This might relate to the post: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/148119/grouping-and-aggregate-display-group-key-in-ltgroupfootertemplategt due to I want to access to the key property in aggregation template in order to calculate from outside component then bind to the template with the mapping aggregation key.

I read the release note but did not find the related feature has been released.

Thanks

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 12:28 PM UTC

Hi MaTaO, 

Thanks for the update.  

Query: “The aggregation only group and sum data at the current page, not all records in the data source ie. total 

Thank you for requesting this “Need to display total grouped record count in grouped record details.” feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. We have added this feature request to our database. You can now track the current status of this feature request in this feedback. 
At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We have considered this requirement for our 2019 Volume 4 release which is expected to be rolled out in the month of 2019.  
You can track the status of the feature and you can also contact us or request timeline through the below feedback  
Till then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards,
Vignesh Natarajan.

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 27, 2019 05:54 AM UTC

Hi MaTaO,  

We are glad to inform that our latest Nuget package (17.3.0.29-beta) has been successfully rolled out. In this release, we have resolved the issue “Need to display total grouped record count in grouped record details”. Please find the latest Nuget package from below and also the release notes regarding the fixes we have included in this release.  

Kindly ensure that you have referred the latest version script and css as below  

<link rel='nofollow' href="https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/17.3.29/fabric.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 

Now you can achieve your requirement using DisablePageWiseAggregates property of GridGroupSettings.  

<EjsGrid DataSource="@Orders" AllowPaging="true" AllowGrouping="true" Height="400"> 
        <GridGroupSettings DisablePageWiseAggregates="true" Columns="@(new string[] {"CustomerID"})"></GridGroupSettings> 
. . . . . . . .. . .  
    </EjsGrid> 

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

CO Costa January 9, 2020 11:58 PM UTC

Does not work (17.4.0.42)

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 10, 2020 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Costa,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

In our 2019 Volume 4 release (17.4.0.39) ,we have done some major changes in our components to enhance the component and improve the performance. Due to this changes, there are some breaking changes in our component which we are being resolved in our successive releases. So we have considered this feature for our 2020 Volume 1 release which is expected to be rolled out in the second week of March 2020. 

Till then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan.   

GA Gabriel replied to Vignesh Natarajan September 21, 2021 08:10 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh, is this still broken? I have this exact same need (using version 19.2.0.60) and setting DisablePageWiseAggregates="true" has no effect, I still see the totals per displayed page (kind of makes this aggregate feature useless).

Or is there a different way to accomplish this with the curre

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 22, 2021 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Gabriel,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Query: “I have this exact same need (using version 19.2.0.60) and setting DisablePageWiseAggregates="true" has no effect, I still see the totals per displayed page (kind of makes this aggregate feature useless). 

We have analyzed your query and we understand that you want to display the total records count in group caption aggregate. We suggest you to achieve your requirement using Lazy Loading Grouping feature. We have provided support for Lazy Grouping in our 2021 Volume 2 release. 

Kindly refer our online UG documentation and demo for your reference. 

Please get back to us if you have further queries or if above solution does not match your requirement.  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan  

JP Jakub Prosek March 17, 2023 09:14 AM UTC

Hello SyncFusion Team,

I'm experiencing the same issue with aggregation when using grouping in my Grid as the users mentioned above. However, LazyLoad is not satisfactory for me as I have a large amount of data. I tried to enable "DisablePageWiseAggregates", but it doesn't seem to work. Could I please ask for further support on this matter?

When I have page size on 50 rows and make a grouping with Lazy Load it groups the data well. But after I want to show the details of group, which is bigger than the page size, the aggregate doesn't show at all. 

Printscreen of OK and NOK behaviout attached (when number of records in group < page size -> OK) 

Thank you, Jakub

Attachment: lazyloadGroupAgg_6e3c8135.zip

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team March 24, 2023 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Jakub,

Before proceeding with the reporting issue, we require some additional clarification from your end. Please share the below details to proceed further at our end.

1. Please specify whether you are using local or remote data. If you are using remote data, which adaptor have you used?.
  2. Share with us the NuGet version you have used.
  3. Share us a grid code snippet with the model class.
  4. If possible, share with us a simple, reproducible issue.

Above-requested details will be very helpful in validating the reported query at our end and providing a solution as early as possible.

Regards,
Naveen P

JP Jakub Prosek April 4, 2023 09:03 AM UTC

Hello Naveen,

I'm sorry for a late reply, had a lot of work which has to be done ASAP. 

I use NuGet packages version 20.4.0.44 right now (going to upgrade to 21.1.38 next week)

In attachment there can be found almost the whole code of component with pseudonymized database access, there should be seen everything you asked for (data type, classes, settings of grid and also other functions).

There are the printscreen of different settings of "DisablePageWiseAggregates" as well on our data.

Thanks a lot for you help

Best regards

Jakub

Attachment: 20230404PageWiseAgg_e1e6ba74.zip

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team April 15, 2023 04:17 AM UTC

Hi Jakcub

We would like to inform you that when you set the disablePagewiseAggregate setting to true,the aggregate values can be determined based on the current page. When you use disablePagewiseAggregate, you can show the total grouped count in the groupCaption. This only works for Remote data services. We would also want to inform you that the latest version of disablePagewiseAggregate is lazyLoadGrouping. We also prepared a simple sample in lazyloading; please give the following details about the issue you encountered when using Lazyloading so that we may validate it further at our end.

1. Share us the entire Grid code snippet with loazyloading along with model class.
  2. Share us the video demonstration of the issue in provided sample.
  3. If possible share us an simple issue reproduceable sample or try to modify the above mentioned sample in pervious update
  4. If you have any screenshots or visuals for you requirement  that might help us understand better, please send those along too.

The above-requested details will be very helpful for us to validate the reported query at our end and provide the solution as early as possible

Regards,

Naveen Palanivel

Attachment: Blazor_0410__lazyLoad_dc955ba6.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon