We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

"Row Drag And Drop Within Grid" with custom "EjsDataManager"

Hi, I've got a need to implement D&D functionality with DataManager, not DataSource like in example: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetcore/Grid/DragAndDropWithInGrid#/material
Is there a way to have it working?

4 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Ilya,  

Greetings from Syncfusion support.  

Query: “ I've got a need to implement D&D functionality with DataManager, not DataSource like in 

Currently we do not have support for Row Drag and Drop functionality in Blazor Grid along with dataSource bound through EjsDataManager. We will consider your requirement as a feature and it will be implemented in any of our upcoming release. But we need some more details to consider your requirement as a feature.  

So kindly share the following details.  

1. Share your Adaptor (WebAPI, URL or OData etc) type that you want to bound Grid with and perform drag and drop.
  2. Do you want to perform row drag and drop within same Grid or other Grid also.   

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

IL Ilya November 1, 2019 07:47 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh,

I use CustomAdaptor
<EjsDataManager AdaptorInstance="@typeof(CustomAdaptor)" Adaptor="Adaptors.CustomAdaptor"></EjsDataManager>
And I want to perform row drag and drop within same Grid.

Thank you,
Ilya

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 08:53 AM UTC

HI Ilya,  

Thanks for the confirmation. 

Query : “I use CustomAdaptor And I want to perform row drag and drop within same Grid. 

While using CustomAdaptor, row drag and drop functionality can achieved using BatchUpdate method of CustomAdaptor (i.e.) while performing drag and drop, batch request will be sent from Grid as delete and insert to modify the record position. 

But we are facing some issue while performing above operation and we have confirmed it is an issue. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue “drag and drop feature is not working properly while using CustomAdaptor” and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our next Bi-Weekly Nuget release which is expected to be rolled out on or before November 15th 2019.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this feedback. 

Till then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan.

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 13, 2019 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Ilya,  

We are glad to inform that our latest Nuget package (17.3.0.27-beta) has been successfully rolled out. In this release, we have migrated our Components to .Net Core 3.1 Preview 2 and also resolved the issue “Drag and drop feature is not working properly while using CustomAdaptor”. Please find the latest Nuget package from below and also find the release notes regarding the fixes we have included in this release.  

Also ensure that you have referred the latest version script and css as below  

<link rel='nofollow' href="https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/17.3.27/fabric.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 

Note: In the BatchUpdate method, you will get the dropIndex as last parameter. Using dropIndex you can insert the record at specific position (dropped position) while performing drag and drop. 

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon