We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Data Adapter's Cannot handle Guid types For Delete

I created a custom adapter and it seems to work except for my override of RemoveAsync. The error I get in Chrome is: 

blazor.server.js:8 Uncaught (in promise) Error: System.InvalidCastException: Invalid cast from 'System.String' to 'System.Guid'.
   at System.Convert.DefaultToType(IConvertible value, Type targetType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToType(Type type, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider)
   at System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType)
   at Syncfusion.EJ2.Blazor.BaseAdaptor.BaseRemove(String baseData, String keyField, String key)
    at Object.endInvokeDotNetFromJS (blazor.server.js:8)
    at e.<anonymous> (blazor.server.js:8)
    at blazor.server.js:1
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at e.invokeClientMethod (blazor.server.js:1)
    at e.processIncomingData (blazor.server.js:1)
    at e.connection.onreceive (blazor.server.js:1)
    at WebSocket.i.onmessage (blazor.server.js:1)

This dies without getting back to my code.

Thank you,

John

2 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 9, 2019 08:13 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support.  

Query: “Custom Adaptor cannot handle for Guid types for Delete” 

We have validated the defect you have initiated with us. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue “Not able to perform delete operation while using Guid primarykey and CustomAdaptor” and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our upcoming BI-Weekly Nuget release which is expected to be roll out on or before 16th October 2019.  

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Till then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards,
Vignesh Natarajan. 

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 12:36 PM UTC

Hi John,  

We are glad to inform that our latest Nuget package (17.3.0.21-beta) has been successfully rolled out. In this release we have resolved the issue “Not able to perform delete operation while using Guid primarykey and CustomAdaptor”. Please find the latest Nuget package from below   

Also ensure that you have referred the latest version script and css as below  

<link rel='nofollow' href="https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/17.3.21/fabric.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 

Please get back to us if you have further queries. 

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon