We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error in Excel Export

Hi,

I was trying to test Excel export in grid component, my project it's made in Angular 7.

I`ve used the following link:
https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/grid/excel-exporting/?no-cache=1#limitations

When I click on export button, I received the following error en console:

core.js:15724 ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): TypeError: this.sharedString[i].startsWith is not a function
TypeError: this.sharedString[i].startsWith is not a function
    at Workbook.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-excel-export/src/workbook.js.Workbook.saveSharedString (workbook.js:1238)
    at Workbook.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-excel-export/src/workbook.js.Workbook.saveInternal (workbook.js:1048)
    at Workbook.push../node_modules/@syncfusion/ej2-excel-export/src/workbook.js.Workbook.save (workbook.js:1033)
    at excel-export.js:263
    at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invoke (zone.js:388)
    at Object.onInvoke (core.js:17299)
    at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invoke (zone.js:387)
    at Zone.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.Zone.run (zone.js:138)
    at zone.js:872
    at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone.js:421)
    at resolvePromise (zone.js:814)
    at resolvePromise (zone.js:771)
    at zone.js:873
    at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone.js:421)
    at Object.onInvokeTask (core.js:17290)
    at ZoneDelegate.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone.js:420)
    at Zone.push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.Zone.runTask (zone.js:188)
    at drainMicroTaskQueue (zone.js:595)
    at push../node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js.ZoneTask.invokeTask (zone.js:500)
    at ZoneTask.invoke (zone.js:485)

What I missing or doing wrong?

7 Replies

PS Pavithra Subramaniyam Syncfusion Team September 5, 2019 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Drio, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query: Error in Excel Export 

We have validated your query and try to reproduce the reported problem by creating sample based on your requirement. It works(Excel exporting) fine at our end. Please find the below sample for your reference. 

If you are still facing the same problem, could you please share the below information. It will be helpful to provide a better solution. 

• Share full grid code snippets.
  • Share your data model(dataSource) details.
  • Share the Syncfusion version details.

Regards, 
Pavithra S. 

GU gugal August 5, 2022 04:08 AM UTC

Hi,
can We change the name of "Excel Export" to "xlsx Download" and default icon to custom xls icon ?

icon.jpg

RR Rajapandi Ravi Syncfusion Team August 5, 2022 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for your update

You can achieve this requirement of customizing the Excel Export content by modifying the corresponding locale value in the Grid’s load event as demonstrated in the below code snippet and sample,

// Grid's load event handler

onLoad() {

(this.grid.localeObj as any).localeStrings.Excelexport = 'xlsx Download';

}

Sample: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-tce5w1?file=app.component.html,app.component.ts

API: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/api/grid/#load

Regards,

Rajapandi R

GU gugal replied to Rajapandi Ravi August 8, 2022 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Rajapandi R,
Thank you for the reply, But what about Default Icon. I want my custom Icon in the place of default Icon. can you please help me in this also.

icon.jpg

Thanks.

Regards,
Pawan

RR Rajapandi Ravi Syncfusion Team August 9, 2022 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Pawan,

Thanks for the update

You can achieve your requirement by using the Custom toolbar items and also like to display the custom Toolbar icon. Actions for this customized toolbar items are defined in the toolbarClick event, and you can display the icon by defining the respective CSS content. Please refer the below code example, sample and documentation for more information.

App.component.ts

public ngOnInit(): void {

this.data = employeeDetails;

this.toolbar = [{ text: 'Xlsx Download', tooltipText: 'xlsx Download', prefixIcon: 'e-custom', id: 'expandall' }];

this.pageSettings = { pageCount: 5 };

}

toolbarClick(args: ClickEventArgs): void {

switch (args.item.text) {

case 'Xlsx Download':

this.grid.excelExport();

break;

}

}

Index.html

<Style>

.e-custom:before {

content: "\e726";  

}

</style>

Sample: https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-tce5w1-adhg11?file=index.html,app.component.ts,app.component.html

You can use custom icons as you want by defining the respective CSS content. Please refer the below documentation for more information.

Icons: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/documentation/appearance/icons/#material

Documentation: https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/documentation/grid/tool-bar/tool-bar-items/#custom-toolbar-items

Regards,

Rajapandi R

NP naveen praveen July 4, 2023 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Team,

When my datasource contains fileupload element then, I can't able to export the excel export

RR Rajapandi Ravi Syncfusion Team July 7, 2023 05:43 AM UTC

Naveen,

In your query you have mentioned that “my datasource contains fileupload element”, we need more information for our clarification. So, before we start providing solution on your query, please share the below details that would be helpful for us to provide better solution.

1)      
Since your datasource contains file upload element, please share your datasource structure we would like to check how you are having fileupload element in your datasource.

2)        Share your complete Grid rendering code, we would like to check how you are displaying the file upload element in the Grid.

3)        Please share your exact requirement with detailed description.

4)        Please confirm you like to export the file upload element to the Excel document or not. If not what you like to export in the Excel document.

5)        Share your problem scenario in video demonstration.

Regards,

Rajapandi R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon