We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

checkbox column disappear after column chooser uncheck all action

Hi,
I'm having a bug using column chooser + selection

Piece of code:
<ejs-grid id="my-grid" load="loadChild" showColumnChooser="true" toolbar="@( new List<object>() {"ColumnChooser"})" 
                          allowSelection="true" >
                    <e-grid-selectionsettings mode="Row" type="Multiple" checkboxOnly="true" checkboxMode="Default"></e-grid-selectionsettings>
                    <e-grid-columns>
                        <e-grid-column type="checkbox" width="35" maxWidth="35" minWidth="35" ></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="rowguid" visible="false" showInColumnChooser="false" width="35" ></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="reference" headerText="Reference" width="120" template="#referenceTemplate"></e-grid-column>
                        <e-grid-column field="something" headerText="Something" width="120"></e-grid-column>
[...]

Problem:
If the user 
1. opens the column chooser
2. uncheck the "Select All"
3. selects as many columns as he wants (but not hit the "Select All" checkbox)
4. hits ok
the column disposition ends up being incongruent and wrong. (its hiding the header and leaving the tds without the check.. and moving the other columns headers to the right..)

The checkbox column should be shown always (regardless of the column chooser)

Can you please guide me to fix this issue?
thanks

3 Replies

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team July 24, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Pk, 

We have validated the provided information and checked with our end and grid scrolls are working fine at our sample. Please refer the below sample for more information. 

Could you please provide more information or below details that will helpful for us to provide a better solution as soon as possible. 

• Share the grid package version.
  • Share Grid full code.
  • If possible reproduce the reported problem with our sample or share the sample or code example and video to demonstrate the problem.

Regards, 
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S.

PK pk July 24, 2019 02:42 PM UTC

Hi,

About and checked with our end and grid scrolls are working fine

I think you do not understand the issue. I never talked about scrolls.

I will re-explain the matter, because the problem also happens on your code, I've just tested it.

Do you see the checkbox column? on the left? the column to select rows and delete them on your example.
Well, please, try to follow these steps:

1. open the column chooser.
2. click the "Select All" option to unselect all of the columns.
3. select one column (Freight for example...)
4. hit ok.

And you will see that the SELECT/CHECKBOX/TAG column (or whatever you want to call it) disappears and then I cannot select/check/tag rows to delete.

That is the problem, not the scroll, not anything else.

I repeat myself: The checkbox column should be shown always (regardless of the column chooser)

Hope I made myself clear and now you get the issue.
Try it on your code because it's also failing, there's no need to share mine in this case.

thanks

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 01:38 PM UTC

Hi PK, 

We have validated the provided information and we have considered “CheckBox column disappear after hiding an other columns through columnChooser”  as a bug. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in patch release on August 22 ,2019. 

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.   

Until then we suggest you to use the below workaround to resolve the reported problem. 

[index.cshtml] 

<ejs-grid id="Grid" allowPaging="true" actionComplete="complete" showColumnChooser="true" allowSelection="true" toolbar="@(new List<string>() {"Add", "Edit", "Update", "Delete","ColumnChooser" })" actionBegin="actionBegin"> 
    <e-grid-editSettings allowAdding="true" allowDeleting="true" allowEditing="true" mode="Normal"></e-grid-editSettings> 
    <e-data-manager url="/Home/UrlDataSource" adaptor="UrlAdaptor" insertUrl="/Home/Insert" updateUrl="/Home/Update" removeUrl="/Home/Remove"></e-data-manager> 
    <e-grid-selectionsettings mode="Row" type="Multiple" checkboxOnly="true" checkboxMode="Default"></e-grid-selectionsettings> 
    <e-grid-columns> 
.    .    .   . 
    </e-grid-columns> 
</ejs-grid> 

<script type="text/javascript">          

function complete(args) {         
        if (args.requestType == "columnstate") { 
            args.columns[0].visible = true;  //we have enable visibility for checkbox column while hide any column in columnchooser 
        } 
    } 
</script> 

Please get back to us, if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon