We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

how to pass my own file data into file manager

how do i pass my own files and data into the file manager? can i do this as a json with local data? i can't get the path attribute to work either and can't find in the documentation where to change the data source.

5 Replies

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Elana, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We checked your reported query and suspect your requirement is to define the files in some data source property. The File Manager structure is based on a client-server architecture and the operations are processed by using ajax requests sent to the server. So, it is not possible to do local binding on the client side.  

However, you can use your own files and data in the File Manager by launching the local File Manager service and placing your required files in the path specified in the controller part of the service. Please find the local File Manager service below 

Once this service is launched refer its URL in ajaxSettings URL property of the File Manager.  

We have prepared a sample for your reference by using local web service and files. Please find it below, 

Note: Run the File Manager local web service first and then open the above sample. 

Since each operation is processed using ajax requests, you can also modify the response data in the controller part of the File Manager local service based on your requirement. The response sent for operations must be in the format mentioned in the below document, 

Let us know if you have any concerns. 

Thanks,
Christo 

MW Michael Wells July 25, 2019 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Christo, please note that the documentation here-

Appears out of date.

The most notable immediate point being that in a recent release you've changed the request action to lowercase read instead of Read.
I'm assuming you've done the same for the other actions as well, but I haven't verified that yet.

CI Christopher Issac Sunder K Syncfusion Team July 25, 2019 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Elana, 

We regret for the inconvenience.  

We have noted your concerns about our documentation content. We will modify it and include the changes before the end of this month (July, 2019). We will get back to you once the changes have been published in online. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Thanks,
Christo 

AN Anuja June 24, 2020 08:01 AM UTC

Hello Team,

The link provided for the local File Manager Service (https://github.com/SyncfusionExamples/ej2-file-manager-core-service  )  does not exist .
Can u please update the same , and provide with an example of  the json structure require to create for user-defined file/folder stucture.

SP Sowmiya Padmanaban Syncfusion Team June 25, 2020 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Anuja 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your requirement with FileManager component. Refer the below link for updated FileManager controller. 

After running the service, refer the local host URL in FileManager sample. 

Refer the below link to know more about the file provider in FileManager component.  

Refer the below link for sending the json data sent from client to server for all operations. 

To know more about the FileManager component, refer the below links. 

If we misunderstood your requirement, could you please share the exact details regarding your requirement. It will helpful for us to resolve your issue at the earliest. 

Regards,  
Sowmiya.P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon