We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RenderPdfPages error

I updated my project to 17.1.47 yesterday and pdfviewer gives RenderPdfPages error. Pdfviewer worked before update

7 Replies

SA Sabari Anand Senthamarai Kannan Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 09:29 AM UTC

Hi Serdar, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect the reported issue is due to the referring of old version of Pdfium assembly in the web service application. We have updated the Pdfium assembly version from 2019 Volume 1 release. So when the Syncfusion.EJ2.PdfViewer assembly of version 17.1.0.47 refers old Pdfium assembly the report issue will throw. Please follow the below documentation to resolve the reported server error. 

In the above link,  the solution for the error that you have faced is provided in the 4th item in the list. 

If you are still facing the report issue, please provide us the screenshot of the error, code snippet and more details. It will be helpful for us to analyze further and assist you better. 

Regards, 
Sabari Anand 

serdar çelebi May 17, 2019 11:43 AM UTC

thanks for reply. I applied what is written in the link but It did not change anything.In addition i applied in demo application pdfviewer gives same error.

Attachment: err_4f8f8bcb.rar

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 06:21 AM UTC

Hi Serdar, 

Thanks for your update. 

When we analyzed the provided screenshots, we came to know that the styles of the PDF Viewer control is not referred in the Angular application. So the minimum height of the control is not set and the zoom percentage is set as -3%. So when the image is created in the server with the negative zoom factor, the error is thrown in the web service application. Please refer the style of the control with your required theme in the application to fix this issue. We have created a simple angular application with PDF Viewer control for your reference and it can be downloaded from the following link. 

Could you please confirm us that the reported issue is fixed with the provided solution. If not resolved, please modify the above application to reproduce the issue and share the same to us. It will be helpful for us to analyze further and assist you better. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

serdar çelebi May 20, 2019 10:16 AM UTC

Thanks for reply. Pdfviewer works in localhost but i publish project global server pdfviewer gives error. ps I create pdf from local rdl file.

Attachment: err_8891917c.rar

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 20, 2019 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Serdar, 

Thank you for the update. 

When we analyzed the provided screenshot, the response type of the object from the server does not matches with the client and this is the root cause of the issue. So, the script error is thrown while parsing the response object. Could you please modify the sample provided in our previous update for reproducing issue? Also, please provide us the below details. 

• Browser used:
  • Operating System:
  • Is web service Application, ASP.NET Core or ASP.NET MVC?
  • Is the controller used, MVC controller or API controller?

It will be helpful for us to analyze further and assist you better. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

serdar çelebi May 20, 2019 11:52 AM UTC

Thanks for quick reply.

• Browser used: Chrome
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Web service Application: ASP.NET MVC
  • The controller used: API controller

i create pdf in local and returntype is httpresponsemessage. i use blob object in client and Pdfviewer dont have support to load the PDF document from the Blob object directly. i convert blob object to base64string. i create pdfiviewer controller in server. pdfviewer works in localhost.

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team May 21, 2019 06:21 AM UTC

Hi Serdar, 

Thanks for your update. 

We tried to reproduce the reported issue with the provided environment. But, the issues are not reproduced when the ASP.NET MVC web service application with API controller is hosted in the IIS. We have attached below the web service application which we used for reproducing the issue for your reference. 

Please find the documentation for creating the web service in the ASP.NET MVC application below. 

Please find the KB link for loading the PDF document as base64 string using PDF Viewer control. 

Could you please check whether the return type used for the web action methods are correct in the API controller with the above reference links. If the reported issue is still not resolved, we would like to set up a web meeting with you to look into the issue and provide resolution. Would you please let me know of your availability for this? Our team will make every effort to have this scheduled on a date and time according to your convenience. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon