We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
If you became a customer of the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or the Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer components before October 2019 and have questions related to those products, you can request support through our forum system. However, please note that this support system is only for existing customers who are still using the Syncfusion Reporting Platform or its components and not for new customers looking for reporting products from Syncfusion.

For new customers or those with general reporting questions, we recommend contacting our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/, which is a separate brand created by Syncfusion for its reporting solutions. Our team will be happy to assist you with any questions you may have.

Thank you for choosing Syncfusion for your reporting needs.

How to make an api call to syncfusion report server to export report with parameters?

Hi team,

I am trying calling api method to export report with parameters from our asp.net mvc application. I am getting Message"Failed to export" while testing through Postman and 400 Bad request from my application. Please let me know right way to call this api end point.

Looking forward to see your response.

Regards,
Amanpreet

3 Replies

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 11, 2019 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Amanpreet,  

We are able to reproduce the reported issue from our end and fixed that issue. We request you to follow the below steps to make it work.  

• Download the patch files from the below link,
  • Extract the downloaded patch.
  • Stop the Report Server application through the desktop shortcut – “Stop Syncfusion Report Server IIS/IIS Express”.
  • Move the extracted files to report server deployed location C:\Syncfusion\Report Server
  • Start the Report Server Application through the desktop shortcut – “ Start Syncfusion Report Server in IIS/IIS Express”.

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

AM Amanpreet March 11, 2019 03:18 PM UTC

Hi team,

I am still getting failed to export response while trying to export a report. Can you please send me replication steps either how to make a call to export a report through asp.net mvc application or through postman.

Looking forward to see your response.

Regards,
Amanpreet

MM Mageshyadav M Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 08:49 AM UTC

Hi Amanpreet,   

We have prepared a sample MVC application to export the sample reports from our demo site with filter parameters in PDF format by getting the parameter values from the user. Please download the sample MVC application from the below link and customize the application to export report from your application. You need to update ServerURL, username, password, report name, report parameters to export the report from your report server application.  

If the issue still persists, Please share us the logs files by following the steps in the below KB.  

Regards, 
Mageshyadav.M 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon