We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Search Fails When Checkbox Selection Column Present

Hi,

I have a grid with a number of columns visible, each of which I would like to be searchable by the user typing into the Search control within the toolbar.

This worked perfectly until I introduced the checkbox column for multiple record selection. It took me a while to find the source of the problem, but I can confirm that when performing a search, the SearchFilter of the DataManagerRequest object holds a list of all the fields, including a null value at the position where the checkbox field is located within the grid. It is the presence of this null value that causes an error the PerformSearching function - I have tested this by commenting-out the checkbox column, which enables the search to run successfully.

The checkbox column is not data bound and is defined as:

<e-grid-column type="checkbox" Width="40" maxWidth="40" minWidth="40"></e-grid-column>

Removing the sizing elements has no effect on the error.

I can workaround this by defining the columns to search, but this is tiresome and prone to problems when columns are amended.

2 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team February 27, 2019 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Nigel, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have validated the defect Searching misbehaves in a urladaptor bind grid when having checkbox column you have initiated with us. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and the defect fix will be included in our Volume 1, 2019 release which is expected to be rolled out in the month end of March, 2019. 

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

until then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 09:40 AM UTC

Hi Nigel, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Release v17-1-0-38 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.  

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon