We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Not able to cancel auto suggestion

Using SfDataForm, when a suggestion for text is given, I'm not able to click in the "x" symbol used to cancel the suggestion in iOS, instead of cancelling the suggestion it scrolls the DataForm.

Attachment: Screen_Shot_20190213_at_10.23.21_14fa978e.zip

20 Replies

AD Anibal de Deus February 13, 2019 08:26 PM UTC

Further evaluating, I can note that the problems seems to be with changing the active field when scroll is present. Instead of just leaving the field, it scrolls to the end of the fields.

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 14, 2019 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Anibal,  

We have validated the defect you have initiated with us. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue with DataForm items scrolling occurs when close the auto suggestion displayed in editor itself when prediction is off in keyboard in Xamarin Forms iOS and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the defect fix in our subsequent Volume 1, 2019 release, which is expected to be available by mid of March, 2019. If you wish to receive this fix in a specific prior release product version please contact Syncfusion Support (backwards compatibility subject to technological feasibility and our Support SLA) You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.   

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N 

AD Anibal de Deus February 19, 2019 05:45 PM UTC

I also noted a similar problem in Android version. Sometimes I can't scroll, so I get stuck with what is initially rendered, and after opening a section (group), I may get scrolled to a fixed position automatically (just by 'opening' the group) and after that, stuck again in no scrolling.

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 20, 2019 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Anibal,  

We have checked your query with scrolling not occurring as expected with SfDataForm in the view, the view does not scroll in Xamarin Forms. Unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the mentioned issue from our side. We have prepared sample with scenario with SfDataForm inside a StackLayout along with other controls(like Label,Button) and included this in a ScrollView. 

We have attached tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location.  
Sample link: DataForm_Editor

Could you please check with the provided sample and revert us whether the issue is reproduced? Else, kindly modify the provided sample with replication procedure along with more details regarding your query with screenshots if possible. So that it will be helpful for us to analyze and provide you possible solution.  

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

AD Anibal de Deus February 20, 2019 01:32 PM UTC

Yes, it was not easily reproducible. I took a while, but even think that got where is the issue: it's when the SfDataForm is rendered as IsVisible=false and during runtime it changes to IsVisible=true.

In my example (attached), you need to choose something in the Picker above the SfDataForm space, this action will make the SfDataForm visible and then you can notice that in Android, scroll will not work.

Also in this example you can notice a scroll issue when running in iOS: if you enter a text in a field where free text is accepted and then select a field that uses a Combo (ex: Data de Nascimento, Sexo, etc), instead of focusing in this field, it will scroll to the end of the SfDataForm.

Attachment: DataForm_Editorfailing_e308b60a.zip

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team February 21, 2019 12:35 PM UTC

Hi Anibal, 

Currently we are analyzing following queries with the provided sample in SfDataForm Xamarin Forms.  

·         Dataform scrolling doesn’t occur when included in structure, SfDataForm  >ScrollView>StackLayout and with objects before and after the SfDataForm in the view.And changing the visibility of the SfDataForm when picker item is selected in Xamarin Forms Android. 

·         DataForm scrolls to end when select a text field and focus changed to other field (when close the picker/combo item displayed) in Xamarin Forms iOS. 

We will analyze and update you the complete details in two business days (Feb 25,2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Swathi G

SG Swathi Gopal Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Anibal, 

Regarding query: Dataform scrolling doesn’t occur when included in structure, SfDataForm >ScrollView>StackLayout and with objects before and after the SfDataForm in the view. And changing the visibility of the SfDataForm when picker item is selected in Xamarin Forms Android. 

Currently we are checking the mentioned query in our source in SfDataForm Xamarin Forms. We will analyze and update you the details in one business day (Feb 26,2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regarding query: DataForm scrolls to end when select a text field and focus changed to other field (when close the picker/combo item displayed) in Xamarin Forms iOS. 

We have validated the defect you have initiated with us. Thank you for taking the time to report this issue with DataForm scrolls to end when select a text field and focus changed to other field (when close the picker/combo item displayed) in Xamarin Forms iOS and helping us improve our product. At Syncfusion, we are committed to fixing all validated defects (subject to technological feasibility and Product Development Life Cycle ) and including the provide patch for the issue fix on or before March 18,2019 . If you wish to receive this fix in a specific prior release product version please contact Syncfusion Support (backwards compatibility subject to technological feasibility and our Support SLA) You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.  

Regards, 
Swathi G 

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 10:56 AM UTC

Hi Anibal,  

Regarding query: Dataform scrolling doesn’t occur when included in structure, SfDataForm >ScrollView>StackLayout and with objects before and after the SfDataForm in the view. And changing the visibility of the SfDataForm when picker item is selected in Xamarin Forms Android.  

We have checked the mentioned query in our source level in SfDataForm Xamarin Forms. Could you please check with the below custom assemblies of SfDataForm Xamarin Forms  and confirm us whether the issue is reproduced at your end?   

Set Up :      

Custom Assemblies:    

Nuget:      

Kindly find the below link to clearNuget Cache  

Installation Direction:       
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.54\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.dll            
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.54\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.Android.dll            
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.54\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.iOS.dll            
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.54\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.UWP.dll           

Disclaimer:        
Please note that we have created this patch for version 16.4.0.54 specifically for the following issue reported in this forum 146253.        

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N 

AD Anibal de Deus February 26, 2019 06:50 PM UTC

I'm not using installed SyncFusion, I'm getting them directly from NuGet. Also, using Visual Studio for Mac, so this .exe won't help me.

Do you have instructions for my setup (MacOS with direct Nuget download) ?

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 27, 2019 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Anibal,  

Please refer the below instructions to refer the nuget package in your project.  

Also, please follow the below instructions to refer the custom assemblies in your project. If you are using Nuget package, then you will need to uninstall the SfDataForm nuget package and refer the custom assemblies. Kindly refer the following Knowledge base (KB) for the same,   

You will also need to clear the cache to successfully apply the custom patch before deploying the project. Kindly refer the KB below to clear the cache,   

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N 

AD Anibal de Deus February 27, 2019 10:52 PM UTC

Ok, still struggling a bit: I could only download the 16.4.0.52 version, and as I understood, the patches are for 16.4.0.54. Where can I download the correct version of EssentialStudio 16.4.0.54?

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 28, 2019 02:35 PM UTC

Hi Anibal,  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.  

We have analyzed your query “Unable to find Essential Studio V16.4.0.54”, and our Essential studio doesn’t have version 16.4.0.54 we will release essential studio on main releases only, and release nugets on every week following the Main release version, hence V16.4.0.54 is a weekly nuget version, you can only get nugets from the version, and we have mistakenly updated you that the patch version is 16.4.0.54 instead of 16.4.0.52, kindly find the correct installation details below.  

Set Up :        

Custom Assemblies:      

Nuget:        

Installation Direction:         
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.dll              
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.Android.dll              
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.iOS.dll              
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.UWP.dll             

Disclaimer:          
Please note that we have created this patch for version 16.4.0.52 specifically for the following issue reported in this forum 142653.          

Please let us know if you would require further assistance. 

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

AD Anibal de Deus March 5, 2019 02:19 AM UTC

I'm pretty sure that now I followed the suggestion and still in Android the SfDataForm is not scrolling. Also in iOS 'scroll-to-the-end' issue also is present. Couldn't find any fix for the items I pointed out.

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team March 5, 2019 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Anibal, 

Thank you for the update. 

Query 1: Regarding DataForm doesn’t scroll while placing inside ScrollView and handling the visibility at run time 
We have analyzed the reported issue “DataForm doesn’t scroll while placing inside scrollview and handling the visibility at run time” and it works fine from our end even with your sample, we have prepared a video of the same. 

Sample and Video: DataForm

Tested Devices: Redmi Note 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab A. 

Tested Version: 16.4.0.52 

If the issue remains same at your end, kindly share us more details like device and the version you have used. 

Query 2: Regarding DataForm items scrolling occurs when close the auto suggestion displayed in editor itself when prediction is off in keyboard in Xamarin Forms iOS  
We have fixed the “DataForm items scrolling occurs when close the auto suggestion displayed in editor itself when prediction is off in keyboard in Xamarin Forms iOS” issue, and as promised earlier we will include this fix in our upcoming Volume 1 release, which is expected to roll our at the end of March 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. Now You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Query 3: Regarding DataForm scrolls to end when select a text field and focus changed to other field (when close the picker/combo item displayed) in Xamarin Forms iOS.  
As promised earlier we will fix this issue and update you with patch for this issue fix on or before March 18, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. Now You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Regards, 
Arun Siva R  

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 18, 2019 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Anibal, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have fixed the reported issues “DataForm Scrolls to end when select a text field and focus changed to other field in iOS” and “DataForm items scrolling occurs when close the auto suggestion displayed in editor itself when prediction is off in keyboard in Xamarin Forms iOS and the patch for this issue fix is following by. 

Set Up :       

Custom Assemblies:     

Nuget:       

Installation Direction:        
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\pcl\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.Android.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.iOS.dll             
{Syncfusion Installed location}\Essential Studio\16.4.0.52\Xamarin\lib\android\Syncfusion.SfDataForm.XForms.UWP.dll            

Disclaimer:         
Please note that we have created this patch for version 16.4.0.54 specifically for the following issue reported in this forum 146253. We will include this fix in our upcoming Volume 1 release, which is expected to roll out at the end of March 2019. 

Kindly revert us if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Deivaselvan 

AD Anibal de Deus April 9, 2019 03:43 AM UTC

The iOS issues I mentioned here were solved in the latest release (17.1.0.38), but the Android issue remains. In the emulator (Google Pixel XL - Android 9 API 28) and Motorola Moto Z2 (Android 8.0), I'm not able to scroll the same way it works in iOS.

Do you still have a bug open for this issue?

AS Arun siva Syncfusion Team April 9, 2019 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Anibal, 

As per the earlier updates (Update on March 5, 2019), we have logged and fixed the issue fix in iOS. For Android, we didn’t face any issues and we have requested more details to reproduce the issue in Android. Hence kindly share us the following details. 
1.       Layout hosted the dataform. 
2.       Xamarin Forms Version 
3.       Modified sample with replication procedure. 

which help us to analyze and resolve the reported issue. 

Regards,
Arun Siva R 

AD Anibal de Deus April 9, 2019 05:15 PM UTC

The same example I posted earlier in this thread (Attachment: DataForm_Editorfailing_e308b60a.zip) shows the issues in both OS. The issues in iOS as mentioned are solved, but the issue in Android (no scroll at all) is still present.

Please, use this same example, I just download it from here, updated to the latest release (17.1.0.40) and it still happens.

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team April 10, 2019 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Anibal, 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue “DataForm doesn’t scroll when we have placed inside scroll view and expand the group items in Andrioid” and we have logged an issue report for the same, we will fix and include the issue fix in our upcoming Volume 1 SP 1 release which is expected to roll out by the mid of May 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Now You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 7, 2019 01:26 PM UTC

Hi Anibal,

We have fixed the reported issue “DataForm doesn’t scroll when we have placed inside scroll view and expand the group items in Andrioid” and included the issue fix in our weekly NuGet update version 17.1.0.44 and is available for download (nuget.org). This issue fix will be included in our 2019 Volume 1 Service pack release as well, which is expected to be available by mid of May 2019. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon