We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

NullReference exception when resizing node in Diagram View

I took over a project recently that opens up a diagram view on components in our system, so I am not that familiar with how Diagram works.
It appears that after we upgraded from Syncfusion 10.304.0.43  to version 13.4.0.58, that we started getting a Null Reference exception when resizing a node by dragging one of its corners. It happens in UpdateLabelSize() method.
We are now using version 15.7.0.40, but error still occurs.
We did not change any code on our side.

Is there a known fix for this issue ? Do I have to change something on my side in a resize event ?
I've attached some images and the error trace to show what happens.

Attachment: DiagramResize_9af8085d.zip

3 Replies

RA Ranjitha Amirthalingam Syncfusion Team September 26, 2017 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed from the provided screenshot that you have overridden the Node template. We have made changes in the Node template in the newer version. This causes an exception at your end since you have used the older template. We have provided our newest Node template. Please refer to the template from the below link. 

Could you please share your template? So that we will modify the template with respect to the new template. 

Regards, 
Ranjitha A. 

SM Steve McWilliams September 26, 2017 02:31 PM UTC

That code is so different from what I had, I wasn't sure what templates on my side were even relevant.

I attached the XAML files that had template code. Don't think they probably all need changing.

Attachment: DiagramXaml_b826c6d8.zip

RA Ranjitha Amirthalingam Syncfusion Team September 27, 2017 11:56 AM UTC

Hi Steve, 

We have confirmed that the reported issue “Exception occurs while resize the Node as an issue and a support incident has been created under your account to track the status of this issue. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 
Ranjitha A. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon