We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

When converting from word document to pdf, footer is nowhere to be found

Hello

Every time that I think I got something right, something happens lol... argh!

Now I am trying to simply convert a word document to a pdf and render it to the browser. When I do so, the converted PDF doesn't has the word document footer. 

Here is my method:

private int ConvertShowPDF(WordDocument RevisionWordDocument)
        {
            RevisionWordDocument.ChartToImageConverter = new ChartToImageConverter();

DocToPDFConverter converter = new DocToPDFConverter();

try
            {
                PdfDocument pdfDocument = converter.ConvertToPDF(RevisionWordDocument);

MemoryStream pdfStream = new MemoryStream();

pdfDocument.Save(pdfStream);

HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
                HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "inline; filename=RevisionesAdministrativas.PDF");
                HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("content-length", pdfStream.Length.ToString());
                HttpContext.Current.Response.BinaryWrite(pdfStream.ToArray());
                HttpContext.Current.Response.End();

pdfDocument.Close();

RevisionWordDocument.Save(HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/Edited.docx"), FormatType.Docx);

RevisionWordDocument.Close();

return 0;

}
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(e.ToString());
                return 1;
            }

}

I attached to this message a copy of the word document.

What I am doing wrong?? This is some kind of bug? Help please. Thank you!

Attachment: RevisionesAdministrativasMultiples_e37a0bdf.rar

4 Replies

SO Samuel Otero August 9, 2017 12:13 AM UTC

I changed the footer of the document for a picture and now it works. I wonders what special thing the past footer has that can't be converted to the PDF. Please clarify. Thank you

MJ Mohanaselvam Jothi Syncfusion Team August 9, 2017 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Currently DocIO doesn’t provide support for grouped shapes preservation in Word to PDF conversion. We have already logged this as a feature request in our database. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases and we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.

As a work-around kindly modify the group shape as ungroup shape in the input Word document thereby it will be preserved properly in the
PDF document. We have modified your Word document with image. Please find the modified document from below link. 

Modified document link:
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132027/doc/RevisionesAdministrativas-Multiples_Modified-139642195.docx

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mohanaselvam J

SO Samuel Otero August 11, 2017 03:19 PM UTC

Hello and thanks for your reply

Your modified document has the blue box of the footer with white font on the letters. That's ok and that's how it should look. But when I convert your document to PDF, the font on the blue box is black and I can barely see it. Why this happens? Please help.

MJ Mohanaselvam Jothi Syncfusion Team August 14, 2017 08:42 AM UTC

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

A support incident to track the status of your query has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates,

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Mohanaselvam J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon